My Prose Poem

Alliteration, Simile, Metaphor, Personification, Imagery, Onomatopoeia, Oxymoron, Rhyme Scheme, Repetition

- Family Traditions

Directions: Write your poem on this second page.

My Prose Poem By: Rosa Rodriguez

  The first family tradition that I would like to do again when I am older and pass onto my kids, and grankids and so on is that on Christmas Eve we would always go to my grandparents house. My cousins and their kids would come and we would hang out with each other and we would eat, sing Christmas carols in the living room and then we would find a place to sit somewhere. After we found our spot we would pass out presents until everyone had one and then we would go around and say who it is from and then we would open the presents. My grandma died a couple years ago and we stopped doing any of this, but when I am older I would hope that I will be able to do this.

  The second family tradition that I would like to bring back again are the family reunions. Yeah I don't really like to go to them but to go once a year for just a few hours is not that bad. But when the person who was hosting it did not want to anymore, we could not hold family reunions there anymore because no one was willing to host them. So even if I do not go to the reunions, I want someone to host them so that they can be a thing and the other relatives can have somewhere to group together and enjoy each others company.

  On Thanksgiving the tradition that I want to keep doing for hopefully a long long time is my mom makes food, the family gets together and hangout. We have lots of fun, and we get to listen to some of the stories that my favorite uncle tells us. We watch some of the movies that are Thanksgiving themed and when we are finally done for the night we give hugs, and say our goodbyes and head home. When everyone is gone we clean up and then we head to bed and my mom puts the leftovers in containers to put in the fridge, to eat more of in the coming days.