Chapter 41

"Lexa, no!" I take her arm so she can't walk out of the room, "You can't just go down here. They don't need to know you sneak in through the window."

Lexa turns to me with a clenched jaw, "He can't just hurt you and get away with it." I let out a small sigh and show her my arm again.

"It is just a small bruise," Lexa looks down at the mark on my arm while I speak, "Just a bruise."

"Yeah . . . Yeah, it is just a bruise," Lexa looks back up at me, "It is a bruise on your body. It is a mark he made on you by touching you and-and-and hurting you and-" I cut her off.

"Lexa! This is okay. I am going to get small bruises . . . I bruise so easily. He didn't even grab me that hard." I lie to her. Bellamy did hurt me when he grabbed my arm. The bruise from were his thumb was is throbbing, but I can't let her get in trouble.

Lexa is silent for a moment, "He promised me he wouldn't hurt you." Lexa whispers.

"He what?"

[Earlier that day]

Lexa stood in the horses stable, brushing out the animals hair. This is her only down time she will have today. She wants to just relax and spend time with the animals she won't have to slater.

"Good boy," Lexa murmurs to the horse who flips his tail in response, "Aren't you a pretty horse. Klark would love you." The horse looks back at Lexa, "Yeah, she would."

The horse's head snaps back at the stable doors. Lexa follows the horses gaze to see Bellamy walking in. The man looks down at his shining shoes with disgust, "Bellamy." Lexa acknowledges him.

"Lexa," Bellamy responds. There is a moment of silence while Lexa brushes the horses side, "Let's have a talk."

"I am listening," Lexa's voice is low and threatening, but Bellamy doesn't falter.

"I know you care for Clarke. I can see it and I am no fool," Lexa holds in her comeback with a small smile while Bellamy speaks, "I know I hold her hand in marriage . . . but I also know you are the person that holds her heart. No matter how disgusting and wrong it is."

"Okay," Lexa throws the brush to the side. The horse walks over to the corner of the stall where the hay is, "Good talk."

"I am not done." Bellamy says while Lexa leaves the stall and walks past him to the wheel barrel that is in the corner.

"I have work to do, so you are going to have to take your talk on a little walk," Lexa hides her smile that she rhymed while she lifts the empty wheel barrel and walks out, its the little things.

Bellamy follows while he speaks, watching every little step and leaping over mud, "You know she is marrying me. I know she loves you. There has to be some for of agreement between us."

Lexa pushes the wheel barrel over to the pig stable. Lexa enters the pin and Bellamy watches from the side, still in complete disgust at how gross her job is, "Agreement, huh?" Lexa says while she puts on some gloves.

"Yes. Believe it or not I care for Clarke and want her to be happy," Bellamy leans his arms on the pin but pulls away and wipes the dirt off of him.

"Really?" Lexa jokes while she wipes the mud off of some of the pigs. The brunette then goes over to the trough and dumps out the old remaining slop.

"Yes, here is what I want from you. I don't want you to make a fool out of me when guests are around. I don't want you planting any thoughts in her head about me. I don't want you to get her to rebel against me. She needs to respect me. You understand me?" Bellamy says and Lexa stands back up from her bent over position to look him in his eyes.