Chapter 15

Clarke's POV

I wake up with a note by the foot of my door.

I could stay in this moment forever
Where every memory spent with you
Is a moment I treasure.

Signed 𝓐𝓦

I smile at the note and put it with the others. I have three of them now. Try just make me. Giddy.

I get ready and Raven comes into the room. She walks over and brushes my hair.

"So I was going to come and annoy you last night but you weren't in your room.... care to explain?" She asks and I smile a little in the mirror.

"Nope." I answer and she gives me a 'try me' smirk.

"Okay so I guess it doesn't have anything to do with, 'Through the storm and through the clouds. Bumps on the road and we're upside down. I know it's hard to sleep at night. Don't you worry. 'Cause everything's gonna be alright. I'll be waiting on the docks if you want to get away. Signed AW'" she reads out loud. My eyes go wide.

I see the letter was left open and I jump up and close it. I take all three letters and put them in a drawer.

"So it does have to do with the hot sailor!" She exclaims and I blush.

"Not like you and Luna aren't falling for each other." I say pointing at her.

"Not like I'm denying it." She responds easily. There is a light knock at the door. Lexa is standing there with a basket with towels in it. She looks angry. "Speak of the devil." Raven says chuckling and she sits down watching us.

Lexa turns to me and she has a bruised jaw and a red raw cheek as if it had been slapped 50 times. She puts the towels down. She starts walking to the door. I run up and take her hand. I turn her to me and reach up for her face.

When my skin lightly touches hers she flitches. "Clarke. It's fine I have to go." She says trying to walk away from me but I grab her wrist. I pull her back into the center of my room.

"What happened Lexa?" I ask lightly running my finger over the bruise on her jaw. She is still.

"Nothing. I told you I'm fine." She says trying to turn away again but I hold onto her.

"Lexa.... you can talk to me." Lexa looks at me and then Raven.

"I know I can." She says and she gets out of my grip and walks away. I turn to Raven who has concerned yet knowing eyes.

"She is so in love with you." Raven says shaking her head and we walk out to breakfast.

We all sit down and Bellamy looks angry too. "Who in gods name keeps taking my bread?!" He calls out. My mother offers her bread but he denies it.

Raven smirks at me but I'm still sad because of Lexa being hurt. I look around the table as I eat. I see that Titus has marks on his fists. I then look at my mothers hand. The palm is red.

I put my silverware down. I turn to the maids. "Could you go get the Woods siblings please. Tell them it's an emergency." I ask them and they nod running out. I stand up and grab my mothers wrist and look at her hand. I look down at her and she has a stoic face on.

"You requested?" Lincoln says and the other Woods are on either side of him standing at attention.

I walk up to Lexa. "Be honest with me. Did my mother hit you? And did Titus hit you? And did Bellamy hit you?" I didn't see any marks on Bellamy's hands but I knew if they hurt her he was in on it too.

She looks in my eyes and clenches her jaw. I turn to Titus, Abby,  and Bellamy. "Did you guys hit her?" I ask as calmly as I can.

"Clarke she broke the rules. We saw what you guys did last night. She deserved this." Abby said and I get angry.

"You are all monsters. Everyone else out." I say with power in my voice. No one moves. "Now!" I say with my anger and emotion coming out.

Raven, Luna, Lincoln, Octavia, and the maids all leave. Lexa fries to sneak out but I grab her hand. I hold her hand as I talk her to sit at the table next to me. It's Lexa and I on one side and Titus, Abby, and Bellamy on the other side. Lexa and I let go of each other's hands.

"Okay first off. Lexa where did they hurt you?" I ask she just looks at me silent and I slam my fist in the table. "Lexa Woods! Just talk to me!" I yell and her eyes flash with sadness and emotion.

She clears her throat. "Titus punched my jaw. Ms. Griffin slapped me a couple times. Sir Blake punched my stomach twice." She answers lightly and anger boils in my hearts.

"Lexa and I were on the top of the boat because I had to deal with you guys all day! You all are horrid monsters and Lexa helped me feel better." I say and I turn to Lexa. "What did they say to you?" I say and the other three start to speak. "No!" I point at them. "I'm talking to Lexa." I turn and look back at her.

"I uh... I wasn't allowed to talk to you. Touch you. Look at you. If I told anyone what happened I would get punished. If I even thought of you I'd be punished. Which I don't mind. To talk to you I'll get a beating. But they threatened hurting you.... so I couldn't." Lexa answers and I turn to the other three.

"Is this true?" I ask them and Bellamy opens his mouth and closes it. Titus looks down at his hands. Abby stares me in the eyes.

"I needed to stop this behavior." Abby said and I glare at her.

"Honestly Clarke. If you would tidy yourself up and maybe do your hair a little you would make a good life." Bellamy says and Lexa is now looking up at him.

"Want to try that again Bellamy?" Lexa asks strongly.

"No I mean what I say. Clarke might even be somewhat attractively she focused more on herself then you." He says and I feel tears coming but I push them down. Lexa stands up and starts walking around the table. She grabs Bellamy's collar.

"Lexa!" I call out and she stops and looks at me. She lets go of his collar and sits back down with me.

"Titus what did you have to say for the reason of beating your own daughter." I ask him.

"I- I don't want her to do what I did." Me mutters and she slams her hand on the table scaring all of us.

"I would never hurt Clarke! Let alone send her to her death!" Lexa yells time him. He looks back at his hands.

"When you have a family it's different! It's different Lexa! It was either her or you Luna Lincoln and Aden! I picked you four over her!" He yells back and Lexa has tears in her eyes.

"You would have had to make that choice if you listened to me! If we stayed on the docks. If we had gotten that medication! We would have had to.... if you listened to me instead of being selfish wanting to get money she would be with us now!" She screams at him.

"YOU DONT THINK I KNOW THAT!? You don't think I spend every moment of my life thinking I could still have the love of my life with me. If I wasn't selfish! Lexa I am trying to protect you from my mistakes." He says standing and looking at her.

"You are a monster!" She yells and I touch her hand lightly. She swallows her tears and sits down next to me and holds my hand.

I am not leaving here until this is over.