Chapter 21

Clarke's POV

"Here come on let's bring her to my room." I saw as they help Lexa to my room. She pushes them away and lumps on her own to my cabin. By they time we are there she is out of breath. I help her into the bed and pull the cloth away from her stomach to look at the M better.

"Clarke I'm okay... it's not too bad." She says and I lightly run my finger over her bruises. Her breath is caught.

Roam nods and puts cloth and some bottles on my bed by Lexa and winks at me while he leaves us alone.

"I..." Lexa starts but clears her throat a little. "I didn't get to show you what I wanted to show you." She says lightly while looking up at my ceiling.

"Lexa it's okay..." I say bandaging her and she sits up. I put my hand lightly on her shirtless shoulder guiding her back down. She frowns at me.

"I- Clarke... I have to go back out there." She whispers looking up into my eyes. I see deep sadness and hurt in them. She wants to break away from the chains she is buried in.

"Lexa it's not safe." I whisper back. She sits up again.

"I'll be fine." She says carefully standing up.

"Fine then I'm coming with you." I stare at her as she gets up and she looks at me with worry.

"Clarke you are far to beautiful to go out there with me in this state." She says and then lightly blushes at her own comment.

"I- Lexa I have to make sure your okay." I answer.

"That's my job... to protect you." Lexa says starting to walk to the door. I link our arms and smile at her.

"We can protect each other." I say lightly and she gives me a soft smile. She limps off the boat with me helping her.

She takes me down a back way we're no one is. It's a beautiful path with trees on both sides as far as the eyes could see. I look around amazed.

Lexa doesn't look amazed. She is on a mission. She is getting to the end of this path and only death himself could stop her from making it.

We make it to a small hill with stone stairs. She stops at the first step and looks up the small hill.

"Are you okay Lex?" I say holding her muscular arm.

She nods. "Ya. I.... uh.... let's just get up there." She says starting up the stairs.

We make it to the top and there is a beautiful willow tree. I smile at how big it is. It's leaves glow in the evening wind. Lexa walks over to the tree and looks down at its roots.

"This was... Aden's favorite place. Under this tree. He loved it here...." she says lightly. I walk up to her and my breath is caught with what I see.

I see a wooden cross in the dirt under the tree. Lexa's tears fill the air. "We brought him here when he died." She gasps for air. She sits down with her back against the tree. "Why did I have to be so.... stupid." She cry's and I sit next to her.

"Lex-"

"No.... he.... he was so smart...." she says looking at the grave. Her tears fill her face as her head hangs down the the Earth were her brother lays. "When I saw him.... when they got him back on the boat." Lexa starts. She coughs a little.

"He... he was purple.... I could see the fear in his eyes. He- he didn't die knowing people love him.... he didn't die in a comfortable bed. He didn't die with someone holding his hand telling him 'it's okay... you'll be in a better place.'" Lexa wipes her nose with her sleeve.

"He died scared. He died with water in his Uh...." Lexa thinks for a moment. "Well.... I didn't learn about the human body too much but...."

"Lungs." I answer.

"Huh?"

"Lungs are what help you breathe." I say and I take her hand. "Lexa I know that you love him so much.... you always have him in your heart. He knows that. He is watching over you."

"Klork.... if I could trade places with him. I would in a heart beat. If I had to... if I had to go and die from drowning.... I would do it. I-" Lexa swallows her tears. "He must have been so scared." Lexa says burning her head in her hands. I take her head out of her hands and hold it in mine.

Her eyes are swollen and full of regret and sadness. Her lips are dry from the little water she probably has had. Her jaw is strong. Like her.

"Lexa... you are so strong...." I say placing out foreheads together.

"I need to be stronger." She whispers and I wrap my arms around her neck as she falls into me. She stays with her arms around my waist and her head buried in my neck. I feel her nose lightly brush my neck sending shivers down my spine.

"We should get back." She whisper pulling herself away from me. I nod. We walk/limo back to the boat and Lexa walks me to my room. "I should check on Wells and see what's going on there." She says leaning on the door frame.

"No Lex you need rest." I say lightly putting my hand on her abdomen where I know doesn't have a bruise or cut. I blush dark red.

"No rest for the wicked." She says winking.

"Oh come on who would think you are wicked?" I ask.

"Clarke Griffin! Where have you been!!" Abby calls from down the hall.

"I can think of one." She says lightly smirking at me and I smile lightly at her while I look down at my shoes. Her gaze is too intense.

"Clarke- Lexa please leave." She says shooing Lexa away.

"Yes ma'am but I assure you even if I am injured, if you lay a hand on her...." Lexa says with a light smile to my mother.

Lexa leaves leaving me alone with the horrid Abagail Griffin.

Your welcome dia.