Chapter 39

I feel Lexa lift herself off of me. The warmth from her body leaves with her. I have been awake, running my fingers through her hair to make sure she stays asleep. She needed it. Lexa groans while she stands up. Once she is on the cot she looks at me, laid on her cot.

"Good morning." She whispers and I smile at her while stretching. She just watches me with a grin.

"Good morning... why are you up so early?" I look out at the dark sky.

"The sun rises soon. I have to be out making sure all the cows are alright. I also have to move hay bails before the sun is up." Lexa puts her boots on and sits back on the cot to tie them. 

I sit up and kiss her cheek. She can't help but smile wide at the affection I am giving her. I put my hand behind her neck to pull her in for another kiss on the cheek. She looks at me so I can peck her lips. 

Lexa gives me a goofy grin before she kisses me again, "You know... I will get whipped every night just to wake up next to you each night." Lexa says while she goes in for another kiss but I stop her.

"Um... no." I put my thumb on Lexa's pouty bottom lip.

"But I like morning kisses." She kisses me once more then stands up with a sigh, "If I don't leave now, I will never leave. You should probably go back to your room and try to get a little sleep."

Lexa fixes her shirt a little before putting her hand out to help me up. I stretch again and then we both walk out. Lexa leads me to the front door. Without another word, we smile at each other before I slip inside the house.

A half asleep William stands up, as if I am an intruder, "Miss Blake. My apologies." William nods at me.

"Please call me Clarke." I ask him and he shakes his head. 

"I am not allowed to call you by first name." William says while trying to fix his posture.

"I won't tell if you don't." I smile at him and he smiles back, "Goodnight William."

"Good Morning Miss Bl- Clarke." William says with a small smile, reminding me of the time.

I make my way across the marble floors all the way to the stair case, which has the same marble flooring. Opening the door to my room, I flop down on my bed. I didn't realize how uncomfortable that cot was. 

My back is aching but I would do it over and over again to spend the night with Lexa. That was the best night of my life. Everything about it. From Lexa's warm body pressed against mine to her little whispering in her sleep. The way she hold me tight the whole night as if I was going to be taken from her. 

Whenever I stopped running my fingers through her hair, she would move her head subconstionly closer to my hand. She was absolutly adorable in her sleep. Her plump lips would mumble the cutest things like: "waves" "woods" "my knife". I really wonder what she was dreaming of. 

My thoughts help me drift off into sleep...

Lexa rips an apple off the tree we are standing. She hands it to me with a smile while a little girl comes running upto us.

"Mama, Mommy!" The little girl with brown hair and green-blue eyes jumps into Lexa's arms. I watch the love of my life swing our daughter in the air, like she is a part of the wind.

Lexa and the little girl run around the field, laughing, while I watch from the picnic blanket. Our little house in the background. The house is made from fine wood. It should withstand anything. 

Lexa brings the little girl over to the picnic blanket. The two of them lay their heads in my lap. My heart feels full with both of them right there, "Mommy! I see a book." The little girl points at the clouds.