Seventeen

Angelina and myself had a lot to do before we could make it out to Sam and Colby's place. Before I could say anything on the call Angelina had already agreed on staying there until we had to fly back home. I know she was probably doing this so me and Colby had time together, but I couldn't help feeling bad. This was supposed to be just a girls trip, but here I was. Falling. Hard.

Sam offered to pay me back since we still had two more days here, which I told him wasn't necessary, but he insisted.

I got a quick shower since returning from the pool, dried my hair, put on some mascara and a dark red tinted lip balm. I put on a pair of leggings and a red button up crop top, and packed the rest of my stuff into my suitcase.

I slipped on a pair on sandals as Angelina got dressed, just wearing a pair of sweatpants and an oversized hoodie that she purchased from Zak's museum. She pulled her hair up into a bun and was ready.

It was Friday night, apparently movie night for them. Angelina was already planning on keeping everyone as occupied as possible so me and Colby could have one night alone together before we spent the rest of the time at Spahn Ranch with all of the guys.

We grabbed our suitcases and small bags and went down to the lobby to check out. I gave her the car keys when we got off the elevator so she could go load her stuff in there and pull up to the front doors.

"Hi, I would like to check out from my room." I said, setting the two key cards on the counter.

"Your name please?" The woman behind the counter asked. "Sophia Emerson." I said, smiling softly.

"Looks like you have the room for two more days, ma'am." I nodded once. "I know. Something came up at home so I have to cut my trip short, so if you don't mind, I would like to check out."

She let out a huff and took the key cards from the counter and typed in some information into the computer. "You're all set, safe travels." She flashed me one of the fakest smiles I've ever seen, but I didn't care. The person that was waiting for me was more important.

I walked through the lobby out to the car and popped the trunk open, putting my suitcase and drawstring bag in there, closing it and opening the passenger side door. I got in and quickly closed it, setting my purse on the floor and buckling my seatbelt.

"The woman at that desk was a complete bitch for no reason. She made it seem like I wasn't aware that I was supposed to be here longer." I said, looking over at Angelina.

"She probably just hates her life, or her job. Fuck her." I didn't want to dwell on it. The last thing I wanted was someone who didn't want to be friendly while doing their job to stop me from having such a good night.

We had two stops to make before getting to the guys house. First was a trip to Target to get white claws, since it seemed everyone was always living off of those. But it was also an excuse for us to grab candy, cookies, and chips. This was going to be like... the biggest sleepover ever.

After that we stopped at In-N-Out and grabbed what we hoped would be enough food for everyone. We just wanted to do this as a thank you for them being so open and welcoming to us.

Finally, we were on our way to their house. It was only fifteen minutes from the restaurant, so now my nerves were starting to get to an all time high.

"Okay, so you know how I said before it was easy to just treat them as normal people?" She nodded, putting a try in her mouth. "I think my nerves are starting to get the best of me." I didn't think that I was ready to admit something like that. But my heart was racing, I couldn't get myself to sit still, and my hands were sweating.