Seventy Four

** A.N. **

Just a warning, there will be some sexual content towards the end of the chapter. Enjoy!

"That was the first room that Elisa stayed in." Zak said quietly to Colby. He didn't need to whisper though, because she was showing me the way.

I turned the knob on the door and pushed it open, a strong gust of wind made me stumble back a few times. "Woah, are you okay?" Colby asked, walking over to me. "Yeah." I nodded my head. "There's just another energy that likes to stay in this room."

I walked into the room and felt a chill run down my spine. "There's multiple spirits in here. They were speaking to her. They were trying to make Elisa feel like she was crazy when she was off her meds. But it was them!"

"Oh god.." an aroma soon hit me like a load of bricks. "There's so much death." I shook my head, covering my face with my hands. "The voices in her head were the spirits from here. They wanted her, and now they've got her."

I kneeled down on the floor and lightly brushed my fingertips along the floor. "This is where her bed was."

"Dont let them drain you of your energy, Soph." Zak said, as he stood in a corner of the room and watched me.

"We'll be back tomorrow to investigate, will you interact? Will you show yourself? We just want to make contact." Zak went on and on, but I tuned him out. I had too. They aren't happy that he's here.

"Shut the fuck up already!" I yelled out, causing the boys to go silent and freeze in place.

"Babe?" Colby knelt down beside me, tucking my hair behind my ear to show my face. "Hey now, what's going on?"

"They don't like you." I said with my head down. "They don't like me?" He asked, and I shook my head. "Oh no, they don't like Zak. They don't see your intentions as pure. If you taunt them, it's going to be ugly. You need to treat them like a person, because they are! Just because it's their soul that's earth bound, doesn't mean even in the afterlife that they don't have feelings. You have to be nicer, especially here."

Zak stood there in silence. Almost like in a deep thought, or even a trance. "Why don't we take a little break for lunch?" He asked, and walked out of the room leaving just Colby and I.

"Can we stop at home?" I asked, and he nodded. "Of course.

—•—

When we got down to the lobby, it felt awkward. The ride down was silent, but I felt bad for yelling at Zak.

"Hey —" but he cut me off before I could say anything else. "Don't be sorry, Soph." He said. It's as if he already knew. My body language must've given me away. "You're doing honest work here and trying to look out for me. I know it's a lot to hear all of these voices at once, and do what you do. You've got a real gift."

"Thank you for being so understanding. I don't want to come off as a bitch, especially when you were kind enough to invite us to do this. But you've been doing this so long, I know you're already aware of the consequences. I just love to help give spirits a voice, and bring them to peace if I can."

He nodded his head as I spoke. "We got your back, don't worry."

Colby laced his hand in mine as we walked out of the building, Zak closing the doors behind us. "We'll be back after lunch."

"Tell Sam or one of the guys to show you our video we were talking about!" I yelled out before getting into the van that we drove down here.

Colby didn't hesitate to pull out of the alleyway and drive away. I was honestly hoping there wasn't a crazy amount of traffic. I just wanted to be home and have some time to detach myself from what I was feeling back there.