Thirty {Colby's POV}

Suddenly I felt my heart in my throat. Not only were they trapped in the basement, but she got hurt...

"Colby you promised you wouldn't let anything happen to us, let alone your girlfriend." Angelina shouted. "Get us the fuck out of this basement right now!"

I couldn't lie that I was a little thrown off when she called Sophia my girlfriend, because we weren't anything close to that right now. Especially when we live in two different places. Don't get me wrong, I would love to make her my girlfriend but we all know now isn't the time for it.

"I'm gonna need everyone to shut up and stand back!" Corey shouted, which pulled me from my thoughts and left everyone in a hush. I crossed my arms over my chest as I looked over at Sam whose eyes were bugging out of his head right now.

"Corey what the hell?! We haven't even been that loud!" Sam said in annoyance to Corey.

"Nobody is doing anything to get them out! Everyone is just shouting at each other through the door. So I'm taking charge." He crossed his arms over his chest and looked over at Jake. "Record this brother."

"Hell yeah!" Jake said excited. He turned the camera on and raised it up into his sight as he stood back to record Corey.

Corey walked over to the door and pressed the side of his head and his hand up against it as he spoke to the girls. "Soph, Ang, I'm going to need you guys to go down to the bottom of the stairs and step aside so I can kick the door down. Can you try to relax and do that for me?"

"Y-Yeah we can do that." Sophia said in response. You could tell she was scared by the way her voice cracked from the other side of the door. It should be us down there, not them. I felt like my heart wanted to break knowing I promised to keep them safe, and right now was not a safe situation in the slightest.

We waited a moment in silence before we heard Angelina shout out to us. "We're ready Corey!"

"Corey are you sure about this?" Sam asked, resting his hand on his shoulder.

"Yes, brother. To be fair I am the one that weighs the most here and I could do the most damage." His point was completely valid. This house was just bones and there was nothing here or anything that we brought with us that could knock that door down. Corey was our only hope right now.

"Just be careful man: I already got cut up pretty bad and we don't need to lose you going down the stairs."

"Here goes nothing. Stay back girls!"

We stood back as Corey took a running start and kicked the door as hard as he could.

THUMP. THUMP. THUMP.

"Come on Corey, you got this!" Angelina yelled as words of encouragement. I couldn't even imagine how badly they wanted to get out of there.

Once again Corey took his running start and this time used his body to slam up against it which was just enough to break the door apart. We saw him stumble down the first few stairs but he causing himself on the railing.

"Holy shit he did it!" I exclaimed.

"Gosh dangit that was amazing brother!" Sam said.

"Corey!" Sophia and Angelina shouted as they ran from the bench and up the stairs to him as he sat down himself. "Are you guys okay?"

"Yes we're fine. The real question is are you okay? That seemed like a pretty big stumble."

"I'm okay. I've had way worse happen before. This was just a little easier because the door is so old and worn out. Enough about that though, let's go upstairs."

We walked closer to the door as everyone came into the living room, and out of pure joy knowing they were no longer trapped in that basement.

"Soph! Ang!" Me and Sam called out.

"Hell yeah brother you got them!" Jake yelled.

The three of us ran over to them and engulfed them into a big group hug. "Oh my god, I'm so freaking happy that you guys are okay!" Sam exclaimed. "I'll be even more fine if you guys never send us into a basement like that ever again." Angelina said as they pulled back from the hug.

"Are you okay?" I asked Sophia as I walked over to her and slipped my arms around her small frame and pulled her into a hug. "Well I would be better if I didn't get scratched." She said in response, pulling back from the hug. "I mean, watching it on tv I always thought that it would be cool to get scratched by a ghost, but tonight I learned that's not how I really felt. I have never felt so vulnerable before."

"I think we should take a break. Why don't we go into the bedroom and have the dinners that we brought?" Sam said.

"If food is involved, I'm involved." Angelina said.

"Hell yeah brother!" Corey said as he gave Angelina a high five.

We all made our way into the bedroom and closed the door behind us. We sat down in our sleeping bags all cramped up next to each other. Realistically would could branch out, but just in the case there was any nighttime security they wouldn't catch us when we were all laid up underneath of the window.

"I don't think my appetite could be as high as it is right now. The amount of adrenaline I got from being stuck down there is just coursing through my veins." Sophia said before taking a bite of her sandwich.

"I'm just happy that you guys are okay." I said, resting my hand on Sophia's thigh. "That situation could have been a lot worse, so that's the last time that we send you guys into a basement."

"Amen to that!" Angelina said and let out a laugh.

I sat there lost in my thoughts as I ate my sandwich. We were nothing close to official but I'm that very moment I don't know what I would do if something worse happened to her. I haven't opened my heart up to anyone like this in years. The last thing I wanted to do was shut down on everyone and everything I loved.

"Hey, are you alright?" Sophia asked, yet again leaving me pulled away from my thoughts for the second time tonight.

"I'm good, just a little tired. What time is it?" I asked.

"Just a few minutes after midnight." Sam said.

"I just think I'm gonna lay low until our plans for 3 am. That was just a little exhausting." I said as I situated myself to lay down in my sleeping bag.

Currently Jake was helping clean up Sam's ankle and rebandage it, and Angelina was helping clean some cuts Corey had on his face and arm.

Sophia didn't hesitate to fall asleep after she ate. I still couldn't help but wish I was the one that was locked in the basement and not her.

I just hoped doing the seance here wasn't going to bite us in the ass like this night already has. I was starting to believe I couldn't mentally put up with anything else that this place had to offer us.