Forty One

"What's up guys, it's Sam and Colby!" Colby yelled out, a smile now plastered on his face as he looked to Sam to say the next line.

"Today we start the second half of our investigation at Spahn Ranch, where we'll also be spending the night. But..."

Sam grabbed my hand and pulled me into the camera shot. "Where if we get caught sleeping in the actual building Manson and his cult stayed.."

Angelina then jumped into the shot right in front of the boys. "It's considered trespassing!" She said with a sense of enthusiasm but her arms crossed over her chest, glaring at the boys. It was clearly an act, but I guess we'll see if people can pick up on that or not.

"That's it, I'm out. I swear I will not get arrested today, and here out of all places." Corey said, throwing his hands up in defense as he began to storm off.

"Yeah, not so fast buddy." Jake said, turning the camera to face him. "The sun sets in an hour and I can promise that your two mile hike back to the van would suck because you have zero sense of direction!"

"I do not!" Corey yelled out in defense.

"Well, you would be really mad to walk all of the way down there just to remember that you don't have the keys on you." A smirk plastered onto his lips as he looked between Corey and the camera.

"Anyways, we should walk around and check things out while we have the last hour of daylight, then we'll get ourselves settled in for the night." Sam said.

"Oh boy, here we go." I shook my head slightly. I was so glued to my tv that it was insane. It felt crazy to be watching myself investigating with them. Me and Angelina always did our own thing on our joint channel, but thousands, millions of people would be watching this. We kind of just threw ourselves at these people for the sake of the boys liking us.

Maybe we could get together and make a blog about our week in LA. Now that we are going to be getting all kinds of exposure from the boys.

The next scene cut to a video I recorded myself, being I was the only person who wanted to look in the general store. But for an investigation of this nature there deserved to be more than one view of things.

"So guys, this would be the town's general store that they would use in movies. If you couldn't tell from all of the dust, none of this has to of been touched since this became empty."

I walked around to the other side of the shelf I was recording by, and there was an old bag of chips laying on it. I picked it up by the corner and turned my camera to show everyone that would be watching.

"September 1970.. that's when the ranch became a ghost town."

"Soph, come on let's go check out what's left of the bar!" Colby yelled through the screen door. I was lost in my thoughts so him calling out kind of caught me off guard.

I set the bag of chips back down on the shelf and quickly made my way out of the building to where everyone else was gathered out.

Corey out of all people decided to lead the way to the next building. The door was slightly wedged but we were able to make it inside. There was some graffiti on the walls, maybe why the door was wedged shut, but people would always find a way inside a building if they wanted.

The floor was caving in so we only let two people go in at a time. Me and Sam decided to go in together.

"Oh my god.. how is this piano still in here?" I asked, pointing my camera towards Sam.

For how warped the floor was, it was surprising that the piano was still standing on this. It was also covered in a thick layer on dust, to no surprise.