Thirty Four

After our shower we laid down in bed. It felt good to have a little reassurance after our talk. From being left behind by my ex fiancé, and now growing feelings for someone and having to leave, it almost felt like being alone was a never ending cycle in my life. The only difference was even though I was going to be on my own, Colby would always be a phone call away.

After about twenty minutes of letting my brain rattle and him fast asleep behind me and breathing on the back of my neck; I fell asleep.

I wasn't remotely sure what time it was when I fell asleep, but all I know is that I woke up around 2:30 pm and felt pretty rested. We did sleep in small intervals at the ranch, so it's not like we didn't get any sleep. Just not enough.

I rolled out of bed to see that Colby was gone.

"Where is everyone?" I asked once I made it into the kitchen when the girls were snacking. I grabbed a water bottle and a pack of s'mores poptarts and sat down with them.

"The guys went to grab snacks and drinks for tonight, and I think something about renting a movie?" Tara said, seeming a little confused about what they were doing.

"Yeah it's not like them to be planning something without us. Do you guys know about anything?" Kat asked.

"Today is our last day in LA, so we agreed at breakfast this morning to just have a small party between us before we go back home." Angelina said. I looked between the three girls.

"Oh no! It's been so fun to hang out with you guys!" Kat said.

"Please tell me you're keeping in touch, or else I'm going to be really upset." Tara said, jutting her bottom lip out.

"Good luck with this one though." Angelina said, pointing behind her to me. I furrowed my brows and took a bite from the poptart. "What about me?"

"You and lover boy are gonna be on FaceTime all the time, don't lie to me." She said and raised a brow in my direction.

"Well what is going to happen with you gone?" Kat asked.

"Have you talked to him about it? What's your plan?" Tara asked.

"We talked about it this morning when we got back. We both want to be in each other's life. He doesn't want me to leave, and I don't want to leave. But I have to take care of things back home." I said, shrugging my shoulders.

"And that's just it?" Kat asked.

"Well he sad he would like to come down to Denver and spend some time with me; which would be really nice. It's going to be weird to get used to. It felt so comfortable staying here with everyone. I'm going back home where I live all alone. From one extreme to another always throws me off."

"I didn't want to talk about this until we left, but since we're discussing it we might as well address the entire thing. Have you told them the full story?" Angelina asked. I took a swig of my water and set the bottle down, shaking my head. "No I haven't."

"What story?" Tara pulled her knees up to her chest and wrapped her arms around them.

"I keep telling everyone that when my ex fiancé and I broke up, that it was mutual... yet it wasn't. I came home one day to find him in bed with another girl, in my own bed! It was actually the day that I found my wedding dress and put the down payment on it. I was so excited to come home and tell him that I found my perfect princess dress, meanwhile he was sleeping with some girl. I'm not sure who she really was, but he said that was his girlfriend. He ended up leaving and he took all of our pets with him."

"Soph, oh my god. Why wouldn't you tell us?" Kat asked, looking over at me with sad eyes.

"Because to me it's so fucking embarrassing. I've had some shitty relationships before but nobody has ever stabbed me in the heart like that. I'm not sure what I did to ever deserve any of that. How could he sit there and propose to me when he had a girlfriend behind my back? I helped him get an amazing job, I owned the house, I was the main supplier. I just had such a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that he could hurt me so easily after five years together. I would've felt a little better about the situation if he was more open to me."

"Don't let me ever come to Denver and see him, cause I'll fuck him up real quick!" Tara said, throwing a punch in the air. I couldn't help but laugh.

"He's not worth it, trust me."

"Stop right there. You think he's not worth it?" Angelina asked.

"Yes..." I said slowly, confused about where she was going with this.

"If he's not worth it, then it's not worth being embarrassed about. He's not worth you stopping from moving on with your life and being truly happy." She stood up from her chair and walked to the other side of the island.

"Are we missing something here?" Tara asked.

"Yes, you are. Soph is on the adventure of her dreams right now. She doesn't have anything at home that she could have here! She hates her desk job working 9-5 everyday. She hates the memories her home holds. She's alone at home. She's unhappy at home."

"Ang.." I said but she cut me off.

"No, we need to talk about this. Your happiness matters. You never put yourself first. She was going to come to LA for her bachelorette party, she used what wedding money she had left to plan this trip for us to come out here. We have truly had the time our our lives. She's well aware she wants to live down here. She's made friends with all of you, Colby basically owns her heart, she could finally live her dream and have her own popular paranormal channel. She just needs the push to actually do it!"

"I have a plan." I said quietly.

"What?" She asked.

"I have a plan!" I yelled out, which left the girls silent.

"You know that I hate talking about all of this! I don't like to speak about being cheated on. Nobody really knows how hard any of that was for me!" I said with a sniffle as I wiped the tears from my eyes.

"I have a plan. I'm going to be home for the holidays. I wanted to go back so I could sell my house and move. Since my first interaction with Colby that's all that I've been thinking about. My mind, my heart, my soul, my body. It all belongs here. I was going to wait until next month to call and tell Sam and have him help me plan a dinner where I surprise Colby for his birthday. I wasn't trying to tell anyone yet, but since you wanted me to share, there you go."

I got up from my chair and threw the wrapper to my poptart away and grabbed my water and stormed away.

I loved her to death but I was so sick of how she continued to pry me open for more information. I wanted to talk about it when I wanted to talk about it, and the talk me and Colby had this morning made me feel fine. But as of right now I was a little hurt. I was tired of living in the past where I was never happy and always had to spill my feelings to everyone over and over. I just wanted to forget all about the past of my life, but it seemed like I was never going to escape that until I moved.

Two months from today I will be back.