Seventy Two

To say that I wasn't nervous was a complete lie. That on top of my excitement had my nerves jittering.

"Are you alright?" Colby whispered, glancing over in my direction as he stopped at a red light.

"I'm fine." I said with a soft smile. "Just a little nervous as we arrive." I chewed on the inside of my lip as he pressed back on the gas.

Everyone behind us was cracking jokes, and Ryan was fitting right in with the guys.

Colby parallel parked across the street from the hotel.

"Stay on Main?" Corey asked, looking the hotel up and down with his face almost pressed up against the window.

We began to pile out of the van and opened the back doors, grabbing our bags and slinging them onto our shoulders.

"Are you sure that you'll be okay?" I quietly asked Angelina as we walked in front of everyone, side by side.

"I'm sure I will be. If not I'll take the very first uber back." She said with a reassuring smile.

"Sophia, so nice to see you again." Zak said as he strides out from the sliding double doors.

I greeted him with a hug since it's been a few months since we last saw each other. "It's so nice to see you." I said as I pulled back. "We're so excited to share this big of an opportunity with you."

I turned on the heels of my feet to face all of my friends. "Zak and the crew have been wanting to investigate here for so long, and finally they caved. Now we've got a week locked down in one of the creepiest empty hotels."

"This is everyone." I pointed at each person as I stated their names. "This is Colby, my boyfriend. You obviously remember Angelina, and joining us is her husband Ryan. Then we've got Sam, the other half of the dynamic duo. Jake, who loves to collect serial killers objects and basically make himself a walking target. And last, but not least, Corey. Certified scaredy-cat, but the first one to run towards the evidence instead of out of the room's exit. This is my crew." I smiled.

"Happy to have all of you hear. I'm going to show you to the RV's, then we'll meet with the other guys in the lobby to discuss our plans for the day."

"Sounds great." Sam said, adjusting the strap of his backpack.

Zak lead us through the alley that was on the side of the building, and sitting behind it was three RV's. One for him and the crew, and two for us, since each one held and slept four people.

In the first RV was me, Colby, Angelina, and Ryan. In the second was Sam, Jake, and Corey.

We all split up and situated our bags and our items, wanting to have ourselves set up for once we were done with work for the day.

"Ready?" Zak asked, clapping his hands together.

"Ready!" I exclaimed, nearly bouncing with excitement.

We were headed to the front of the building. My anticipation grew bigger and bigger with each step as we stopped in front of the doors. Slowly they opened, and on the other side stood Aaron.

"Welcome to the Cecil Hotel. Would you like a room?" Aaron asked with his head down, his voice slightly deeper, and a wide grin on his face.

"Apologies about Aaron, he is a grown man that acts like a child." He snickered.

"I just bring the fun, unlike mister know-it-all here." Aaron said, pointing his thumb backwards towards Zak.

"Moving along, let's go ladies and gentleman." The second set of sliding doors opened as Aaron stood back and relocated the first set of doors. They didn't want anyone of the streets getting in and tampering what they had.

Full range.

Inside the main lobby was Billy and Jay. They have had a more pro dominant role since Nick left the show.

My eyes were far too busy looking around the massive lobby. It was more bigger in person than I expected, that's for sure.

From the poles, to the front desk, the stair cases, the high ceilings. The lights were fairly dim so it gave an creepy feeling just from the start.

"I can't believe we're actually in here." Colby whispered, resting his hand on the small of my back.

"This is Jay and Billy." Zak said. The boys waved in our direction. "Alright guys, this is our crew that's going to be assisting us with our investigations this week. Along with us doing the same for Sophia."

The four men stood across from our group.

"This is a very large structure, so we will be splitting up into four teams. Some will be with me, others with be with Aaron, Jay, or Bill. Are we ready?" He asked.

"Hell yeah!" Jake shouted, which echoed just a little and caused Corey to laugh.

One by one the guys would be picking members for their team.

"I'm taking Sophia." Zak said, with a snarky grin on his face.

I on the other hand was internally dying. I would be investigating with the person that helped start my love for the paranormal as a child.

"I'll take Corey." Aaron said. Those two would be a perfect pair. They're both practically children.

"I'll take Angelina." Billy said. She ran over to his side and they greeted each other with a fist bump.

"I want Sam." Jay said, and Sam walked over to his side.

"My final pick... Colby." Zak said. I wanted to squeal out with excitement. I would be working with my two favorite men all week.

He walked over to us and gave Zac a fist bump, then pressed a soft kiss to the top of my head.

Up next was Aaron. "I'll pick Jake."

"Hell yeah brother." He said and walked over to his group. They surely were going to be an odd bunch.

"Since we have an odd amount of people, why don't we make it a little fun to determine who's team Ryan goes on?" I asked.

"Rock, paper, scissors. Best two out of three." Aaron says, walking over to Jay and Billy.

"Here goes nothing." Jay said.

"Rock, paper, scissors, shoot!" Jake and Corey yelled out together.

Jay got rock, and Billy had scissors.

"Rock, paper, scissors, shoot!"

Jay had scissors, and Billy had rock.

Rock, paper, scissors, shoot!"

Jay had paper, and Billy had scissors.

"Welcome to my team, Ryan!" Billy exclaimed. I could tell Angelina was relieved to have him by her side for this. "Better luck next time, Jay." He said, clapping his hand onto his back.

This was about to be a crazy ass week.