Eighty Four {Colby's POV}

"I'm going with her!" I shouted as I pushed through everyone as Sophia was wheeled to an ambulance on a stretcher.

She still hasn't woken up yet.

It was a team effort to get her all the way downstairs, and an awkward one at that.

With the arrival of an ambulance, people were swarming around the gates trying to get a glimpse of what was going on. Out of all places and the history that the Cecil has, they were probably all expecting the worst.

Jake was too embarrassed to say anything, and at the moment everyone had a grudge against him because we didn't know the extent of her injuries.  He just always wanted to take things farther than they needed to be.

He needed to learn how to put himself at risk, not others.

First she was just some random bitch that we happened to meet, because he didn't like her calling out how he investigated. She's been locked in a basement. She's been abused by her father. She's got zero family. I've been the best thing for her, and time and time again the world keeps trying to take her from me.

I'm not going to let that happen.

"Only one person can come for the ride, who is it going to be?" The EMT asked.

"Me." I said, stepping for are as they motioned for me to come inside.

"We'll meet you at the hospital, brother!" Sam yelled out as they closed the doors. I sat down in the small corner seat on edge as I watched them hook her up to an IV and another machine to keep an eye on her heart rate.

If I'm being honest, it felt as if my heart was in my throat. I was so nervous because she looked fine, but I had no idea what was wrong. What was underlying, what was hiding from the naked eye. Most importantly, I just wanted my girlfriend to be okay.

"I — is she going to be okay?" I asked, lifting my face from my hands as I looked over at them.

"She's stable right now, so that's a good sign. But we can't give any further answers here, they're going to have to run some tests on her before there's a definite answer." The woman said.

I nodded my head slowly and sat in there in silence for the rest of the ride.

When we got to the hospital they removed the IV and the other machine from being attached to her. The guy pushed the doors open and they both waited for me to get out before carefully carrying her out, putting the wheels back down so they could wheel her into the emergency room.

"What do you have for me?" A female doctor asked as she walked beside the stretcher, all of them heading into a room. I followed behind. I didn't care if I was allowed or not, she didn't need to leave my sight.

"Sophia Emerson, age twenty-four. We got a call at the Cecil Hotel that she had hit her head. She was stable on the ride here, but we believe tests need to be ran to find out the true cause. She appears to be fine on the outside."

She nodded her head and looked back at me as the EMT's moved her from the stretcher onto a regular hospital bed.

"Do you have information about the incident that occurred?" She asked me as I stood next to Soph, holding her hand in mine.

"Well, me and my friends are paranormal investigators. We're investigating the Cecil with Zak Bagans and his crew."

"Oh, another ghost crew. Don't bullshit me lover boy, what actually happened?" She asked.

"What if I said there's video proof?"

She paused for a moment and furrowed her brows at me. "I run a channel with my best friend, he's on his way and I can get the camera he was recording on."

"Until then, sit in the waiting room. I'm going to run tests on her." She turned on the heels of her feet and walked away from me.

I sighed and plopped down in a chair, running my fingers through my hair. Within a few minutes, everyone was walking into the waiting room.

"How is she?" Zak asked as they got closer.

"I have no idea. The doctor won't let me back there because I tried to explain what happened and she thinks I'm lying. I told her that we have it on video and can show her proof. The last thing I would want is anyone thinking I would ever lay a hand on her."

"Aaron has all of the equipment. We'll have him go grab it." Zak said as Aaron took the keys from him and turned away to walk back out to the car.

"Why don't you try and get her back out here?" I nodded my head and walked over to the nurses desk. "Hi, how can I help you?" The girls asked before looking up, a grin forming on her lips.

"Oh my god, you're Colby Brock."

"Indeed I am. I need to speak to the doctor that is in Sophia's room." She nodded once then paused. "Your girlfriend? Oh my god, is she okay?"

"That's what I'm trying to find out. Can you please get her for me?"

"Of course." The girl got up from her seat and ran down the hall to go find her. I went back over to everyone as Aaron came back in, pausing the video at the moment Jake started asking his questions.

"Alright, this better be good. That girl won't stop talking about you now." She said.

"Sophia?" Billy asked.

"No, that receptionist girl won't stop talking about lover boy here. She said Sophia is your girlfriend?" I nodded my head. "Just recently became official."

"Let me see this video." Aaron stood beside her and pressed play on the video. Nobody looked at the screen, we all watched closely for her reaction.

"Hmm, I guess you were right after all. I'm sorry I doubted you. You can come back in a few minutes after we get the last of these tests done."