Chapter Twenty-Three: Death Wish

"So, Prime, Giant, JetBlackStar, Eva, IronMech, Striker, Gipsy, Dynamo, Knight, and now Zeus? That is your roster of Jaegers. You are holding a lot of weaponry to yourself, James."

Right now, James was in his meeting room looking at a holoscreen with the silhouette of a man on the screen. The features of the man couldn't be seen at all. The only thing that can be seen was the tiny smirk on the silhouette's face.

"It is merely a precaution." James replied simply.

"Precautions, you say. But you are hiding the fact that Jaeger Prime is not operational and its been grounded by the council." The figure pointed out.

"No matter. Both the Jaeger and its pilot will soon be operational." James reassured, staying stoic and calm about it. "No matter the current condition of the pilot."

"You know that if any of them finds out about our.... corporate dealings and everything behind the scenes, especially when we once worked together years ago, they won't ever trust you again." The silhouette pointed out.

"They won't." James replied back sharply.

"So, I would suggest that you get both Jaeger Prime and its pilot online." The silhouette suggested. "James, you and I have been colleagues for years, until you had turned your back against me, leaving me behind while you began to construct SHIELD."

"And you've become the crime-lord and the leader of Death Wish." James added in. "You aren't the only one against us. HYDRA and MECH are also against us. You would be wise to stay out of our way, Kraken Silverback."

"Oh, they won't be long for this world." The silhouette spoke back. "Anyway, you'd best be ready for the storm that is coming forth." With that, the Comms cut off, James now standing in the darkness.

"Death Wish..." James said to himself.

~*~*~

In an unknown location in the world, the silhouette was left in the darkness after cutting off Comms from his conversation with James. The silhouette remains in the darkness, just as a door opened up a few feet away. A figure stands in the doorway, looking at the silhouette.

"Sir. Trials for your Jaeger are underway as we speak." An officer informed to Kraken Silverback.

"Very well." Kraken acknowledged back. "Inform me if there is any issues."

The officer nodded in acknowledgement, and walked away. Kraken began to walk out of the room, with two armed guards alongside him. As they walked away, a lone figure appeared around the corner of the hall, now watching on as Silverback walked away.

The figure goes by the name of Sheeva Silverback, Kraken's younger sister. She is a 24-year old woman with violet-coloured hair and green eyes with a round face. Her attire consists of a lime green-coloured blouse with a green neckline and trim, complimented by a long, white skirt. She is also wearing green boots.