Chapter Ten: Deep-Sea Dive & City Fight

Over the next four days, Braedey had been catching up on some much-needed sleep and rest, his body and mind recovering from all the tests he's been through. Still, he needs some time to recover from his lack of sleep, and Dr. Ritsuko was also doing some checks on Jaeger Prime, seeing if there's anything that might be added or included to try and nullify the mental blackouts.

All the while, Asuka was still acting like a little brat, with Shawn doing his best to try and keep her calm, Kieron and Hawk also doing their best. In addition, there have been some improvements with Jaeger Giant and the synchronisation processes have gone along smoothly. Also, Jaegers IronMech and Striker were being tended to and given systems checks and such.

~*~*~

Down at Matilda's house, Braedey was still taking time to recover, but he was allowed to get up and walk about for a little while, but then eventually, he needs to get more rest. Shawn was over at the house, seeing how Braedey was doing, and to try and keep Asuka at bay.

"What?!" Asuka screamed out, her, Matilda, Shawn, and Braedey all at the table. "What do you mean we can't go on the school trip?!" Asuka demanded.

"Nope." Matilda replied casually.

"Why not?" Asuka demanded again.

You have to be on standby." Matilda replied casually again.

"Nobody said anything about that!" Asuka fumed.

"I just did." Matilda countered.

"Who made that decision?" Asuka asked.

"I did, as your operations director." Matilda pointed out.

Asuka looked over to Braedey, who was in the kitchen. "Braedey! Stop sipping that drink and stand up for once in your life! Be a man, damnit!" She ordered him.

"Asuka, back off." Shawn ordered.

"Actually, I figured something like this would probably happen, so there'd be no point in trying to argue back." Braedey said casually. "Plus, this is the first I've heard of this info, and I'm still on medical leave."

"Meaning you had already given up?" Asuka fumed, narrowing her eyes at Braedey. "You're so pathetic. There's nothing worse than a domesticated man!"

"Come on, don't put it like that." Braedey spoke back.

"He's right. Just because he isn't like you doesn't mean you can just ridicule him." Shawn stepped in, standing in front of Braedey, blocking Asuka's view. "Just knock it off."

"I can sympathise, Asuka." Matilda spoke up, the three teens looking to her. "But this is out of our hands. What if there was a Demon attack while you're away on your trip?"

"Day after day, it's always the same!" Asuka argues back. "Be on Standby, be on standby, be on standby! We're always on the defensive against an enemy that could attack at any time! Why don't we figure out where they are and take the fight to them for once?!" She asked.

"Trust me, we would if we could." Matilda sighed.

"Meaning... we don't know where they're located, or even where they come from, except from Hell's Gate." Shawn clarified, Matilda nodding in response.

"Besides, you two should think of this as a great opportunity. You'll be able to focus on your studies while your classmates are away, right?" Matilda said to Braedey and Asuka, holding up some papers from school.

"But... but Miss Matilda, I've been up to speed with all of my work." Braedey pointed out.

"Did you think I didn't know?" Matilda said to the two. "Did you really think you could hide your test results from me? I can easily find out every last score you got on your tests at school."