Chapter Twenty-Four: Nothing Can Stop Me Now

Braedey groaned a little, his eyes slowly opening as he looked up to see the roof of the medical bay. His vision was a little blurry, but after a few blinks of his eyes, his vision became clearer.

"The medical ward... again?" Braedey muttered to himself. "How many times have I ended up here?"

"Welcome back to the land of the living, Buddy." Braedey turned his head to see Shawn, Amy, Linx, Shinobu, Kieron, Hawk, and Nick, as well as his aunt, uncle and Jessie.

"Hey, guys." Braedey muttered, slowly sitting up only for Shawn to stop him, putting a hand on his shoulder.

"Hold on a second, Buddy. It turns out you were bleeding out from underneath your Drivesuit, and we had to do some quick surgery to stop you falling unconscious from blood loss." Shawn said to him. "You took a heavy toll on your body during the operation."

"Plus, the injuries you sustained from the earlier attack by the submarine were aggravated and looked bad." Hawk added in. "For the time being, it be best for you to rest until you fully recover and get back on your feet."

"Yeah. You've already done enough during Operation Long Island, and have broken out of that shell." Linx nodded. "Plus, we've found out something else."

"And what might that be?" Braedey asked.

"It's the results from Jaeger Prime after the operation." Hawk clarified. It looks like your synchronous rate was around 22-26%. You were just barely holding onto the neural bridge, but after what you had done, that's rather amazing."

"That low, huh? Talk about straining the mind." Braedey muttered. He looked to Jessie, who was holding his hand. "Hey, Jessie. Sorry I made you worry."

"I'm just happy my big brother is smiling and happy." Jessie smiled back softly. "And someone else is here to see you."

The doors to the room now open, and in stepped Matilda and Ritsuko. "Thank goodness you're awake." Ritsuko sighed.

"Braedey, we are relieved that you're alright, but that stunt you pulled, it's caused some turmoil." Matilda began to explain. "The Commander wasn't pleased by your action of not piloting the Jaeger when you were ordered to, and he didn't take too kindly to when you took off in Jaeger Prime to fight Black Abomination."

"He won't be too happy for what you did." Ritsuko added.

"Like I care right now." Braedey muttered, looking to the roof. "I did what I felt was right, and that was to fight in the Jaeger."

"Which he's right." Linx spoke up. "The dude had to choose the right time to finally break through. And he did it."

"And I must say, I've never seen fighting or movement in a Jaeger like that before." Everyone turned to see a purple-hair woman walk up to them. "I'm impressed."

"This is Sheeva Silverback. We came across her earlier today, but we haven't had the chance to introduce you all to her because of what's happened." Matilda introduced.

"I have information about what attacked you yesterday and beforehand." Sheeva said to them, Braedey sitting up a little. "The submarine had a device codenamed Damocles. It is a high-power particle beam cannon that is as precise down to the inch. It's so powerful, it could cut up the Pentagon like a birthday cake. It's the work of a madman." She explained.

"Talk about dangerous." Shinobu muttered.

"I'm just fortunate I wasn't incinerated." Braedey spoke up. "Still, it seems that vessel wasn't made by just one faction group, was it?" He asked.

"Your assumption is correct. You see, it was a joint operation to construct that submarine and all the tech that was onboard." Sheeva explained. "You see, MECH and HYDRA, they're just two cogs of the machine. It is Death Wish that links up with the two, all of them now supporting one another with the operations."