Chapter Seven: Asuka's Arrival

After the events of the triple-Jaeger fight against the Demon, things had oddly began to settle down around Manhattan-2.0, which did give others concern in case. Meanwhile, Braedey got along with both Shawn and Amy, the latter slowly opening up to the two males, and Braedey had started to slowly get better in combat, but every now and then during simulations, he would suffer from periodic blackouts, but ended up taking out the Demon. However, Braedey would have no recollection of the victory. So, Dr. Ritsuko had to think of something to try and help Braedey with this situation.

On the other hand, there's been news coming in from Germany that their Jaeger was ready for deployment, and its currently being transported by the Atlantic Fleet from Europe to America. So, in response to this, Matilda suggested that she, Braedey, plus Douglas and Ethan (the two been given an invitation) could go and meet with the Atlantic Fleet halfway, about 300km off the Southern coast of Nova Scotia. Shawn and Amy were to be on standby at the base with their Jaegers in case of a Demon attack. They understood the situation, and they both were ready for whenever another attack might happen.

~*~*~

By the next morning, Matilda, Braedey, Ethan, and Douglas all boarded a Mil-Mi 26 helicopter that was bought from Russia, one of the largest helicopters in the world, and they began to fly out towards Nova Scotia, towards where the Atlantic Fleet is at the moment.

"An Mil-Mi 26 transport helicopter!" Ethan said in awe, looking around the helicopter with his video camera

"An Mil-Mi 26 transport helicopter!" Ethan said in awe, looking around the helicopter with his video camera. "I never thought I'd get the chance to actually ride in one! Like they say, "Good friends are a great blessing"! Right, Braedey?" He asked to Braedey, who shrugged back to him.

"You must be going stir crazy, being stuck in the city every day." Matilda said to them, looking back at the boys. "So I thought I'd invite you all out on a Sunday date."

"You mean this is an honest to goodness date, Ms. Misato?" Douglas asked in surprise.

"So, where are we going, exactly?" Braedey asked, getting back on topic.

"To enjoy a lovely cruise on the Atlantic aboard a luxury liner." Matilda replied to Braedey.

Soon enough, the Mil-Mi 26 helicopter broke through the clouds, and they could see up to nine warships sailing along and surrounding a lone cargo vessel that has a tarpaulin covering up one of the bulkheads.

"Five carriers! Four battleships! It's a huge fleet! Yep, good friends are a great blessing!" Ethan called out in awe, his camera rolling.

"She calls that a luxury liner?" Douglas scoffed, looking at one of the carriers they were approaching.

"What it is, it's gorgeous!" Ethan squealed in excitement. "That's the carrier that's the pride of the UN fleet, the Over the Rainbow! It's huge!"

"I'm amazed that that old relic can stay afloat." Matilda commented.

"It's no relic! It's a pre-Hell's Gate classic!" Ethan then said.