Chapter Twenty-Eight: The Future?

Braedey groaned in pain. He felt like his body had been thrashed about by a bunch of thugs. His blue eyes blinked a few times to try and clear his blurry vision. He tried to get up, but for some reason, he couldn't seem to sit up. He looked down to see his arms and legs are locked down like he's a captive. He was wearing a pale green hospital gown, much to his confusion.

"Cardiovascular function is normal. No paralysis in his limbs." A girl's voice spoke. Braedey looked to see a young woman around 14 years old with fair skin, brownish eyes, and bright red hair with curls at the end reaching to the base of her neck. She seems to be slender in body shape and standing only 5ft tall, and she has on a black uniform with a red shirt underneath.

The young woman looked to Braedey

The young woman looked to Braedey. She tapped her left ear, which has a Bluetooth device. "Yes, ma'am, his eyes are open." She looked to Braedey. Do you understand what I am saying to you?" She asked him.

"Uh, where am I?" Braedey asked.

"He's responsive. He seems to be completely conscious." The woman reported on her Bluetooth.

"What's going on? Why am I here?" Braedey now asked in confusion and concern. "What's happening?"

"No, ma'am, he doesn't seem to exhibit continuity in his memory recall." The woman reported. She now held a mirror to Braedey. "Do you know who this is?" She asked.

"That's me, obviously." Braedey replied.

"He has self-awareness, as well. He seems to be fine." The woman called in.

Braedey now sees some kind of black choker around his neck. "What is this?"

Soon, the woman and Braedey, as well as the three guards that were with them, all arrived at what could be the Bridge of a large ship. It looked straight out of a science-fiction movie, maybe close to Star Wars or even Star Trek, or even the two of them combined. Braedey noticed that there were some new faces and different people, but they seem to have a look of anger in their eyes as he approached them. But, there were two familiar faces: it was Matilda Katsina and Dr. Ritsuko, but the latter seemed to have her hair cut into a buzz cut or something.

"Fugitive BM-03 has been placed in custody." The redhead woman reported with a salute. Braedey was taken aback by this. Him, a fugitive? What is going on?

"Remove the restraints." Matilda ordered, not looking over in Braedey's direction. The guards remove the clamps, allowing Braedey to step off the gurney. "You can go." Matilda said to the guards, and they walked away.

"Ms. Matilda Katsina...?" Braedey spoke in surprise.

"He is Braedey Martin, isn't he?" Matilda asked to Ritsuko.

"He seems to be. Physiologically, he is a perfect match to the fugitive Third Rookie." Ritsuko reported. "His body tissue are exact. We are currently analysing the results of his deep synchronization test."