Chapter Twenty-Six: A Triple Threat

It was taking a bit of time for the surgery on Braedey. The electrical inhibitor that's in his spine was small, and it's being a problem. Ritsuko and many doctors were all working around the clock to try and get the tiny little inhibitor out of Braedey's neck, all the while with keeping his vitals stable and being very careful with what they all are doing. The other pilots and even Braedey's family were all concerned and worried about the operation and if he'll be alright.

On the other hand, Nash Foster soon took over control of SHIELD from James, the latter being locked up in the holding cells of the base. Nash began to right wrongs in the SHIELD facilities around the planet, then he soon found some files in James' office showing unsettling information, some of which were surprising and beyond barbaric, including that of the Psyche Project.

Also designated as Operation: Human Evolution, it is forced evolution of humanity through bringing about total Armageddon. As a result of an all-out assault from the Demons to kill all life on Earth, all human souls will be gathered into a vessel called the Black Moon, and be united into one. This will create an existence where nobody exists singularly, but merely as part of the whole. The flaws within every living being will be complemented by the strengths in others, thus erasing the insecurities in people's hearts. In layman's terms, it's total annihilation of humanity so they'll be united as one. And the one who forged the plan was none other than DEMOHN, and alongside an anonymous name.

There were also serious charges and such against James for what he's done, especially abuse to his own son. Uncle Jackson and Auntie Mary have kept Jessie away from James, not wanting him anywhere near her, all the while trying to reassure her Braedey will recover from surgery. It's getting rather stressful for them all.

~*~*~

Right now, Ritsuko, Matilda, as well as the other pilots and Sheeva, they had all gathered up in one of the conference rooms alongside newly appointed Director Nash Foster to discuss about what they've found.

"So, not only has James been working on both sides of the war-torn curtain while being the Commander of SHIELD, but he's the one who came up with some of these crazy plans and ideas to try and sabotage any of us." Kieron sighed deeply.

"And we now know Silas already begun construction on the Nemesis Jaeger Unit-666." Shawn added in, Sheeva nodding in agreement. "And from what these files tell us, this thing is just as, if not more, powerful than any of our Jaegers."

"Yes. I've seen this machine being constructed, and I could tell you that it's nothing like Jaeger Prime." Sheeva shuddered a little. "It looks like it belongs inside of a shattered glass universe or something."

"And who knows what else they've got in their arsenal." Shinobu sighed in exasperation. She rubbed her forehead with her two fingers. "And right now, the only mech that could rival Nemesis is without its pilot, who's down on the medical bed." She added.

"Speaking of which, how is Braedey's surgery going on?" Hawk asked. "It seems things have gone quiet down over there."

"We've been doing all that we can to make sure that his nerves are undamaged or so." Ritsuko informed to them. "Still, for a device the size of a toothpick that's actually inside of his spinal cord, it's being a pain to try and get it out."

"Can it be removed without the risk of injury?" Shinobu asked.

"We still have a ways to go." Ritsuko replied. "I have to go and make sure he's alright." With that, Ritsuko left with Matilda to go to the operating theatre.

"Well, we'd best be ready for whenever another Demon attacks." Linx said to the others. "Get those Jaegers ready and at 100%." With that, he made his way out of the room.