Chapter Thirteen: The Rouge Attacks Again

Previously...

Just then, Matilda checked her phone, just as a call came in. "Yes? It's me. Yeah, I'm right here with Jaeger Prime's Pilot." Her face then drained of colour as she was reported in of what's going on. "What? A Demon and the rouge Jaeger has been spotted? Right, I'll get them moving now." She ended the call, and turned to Braedey. "A Demon and the rouge Jaeger have been found just off the coast, and they're closing in fast." She said to him.

"But why would a Jaeger work alongside a Demon?" Braedey asked in confusion.

"That's what I want to know. Let's go get Asuka, and get to SHIELD HQ." Matilda said, then the two go and get ready for deployment.

~*~*~

Over at SHIELD HQ, everyone had soon picked up on the approaching Demon and rouge Jaeger on the scanners, as it was closing in on Manhattan

Over at SHIELD HQ, everyone had soon picked up on the approaching Demon and rouge Jaeger on the scanners, as it was closing in on Manhattan. At once, everyone began to go through the process of retracting Manhattan-2.0 down into the ground for the battle ahead.

"The targets have been sighted by our cameras. It's already penetrated into our territorial waters." Maya informed to her higher-ups.

"Assume battle stations, level one." Morato announced.

"Roger, prepare for anti-aircraft interception." Matilda ordered in next.

"Manhattan-2.0 transforming to battle formation. Initiate accommodation of the central block." Another technician reported in. "Accommodation of central block and the first through seventh districts has been completed. Notification of the government and other related ministries, completed."

"Present effective rate of anti-aircraft interception: 48%." Maya added in.

"What's the status of noncombatants and civilians?" Matilda asked.

"We've already received reports that the evacuation has been completed." The Officer reported in.

"How are the pilots?" Dr. Ritsuko asked next.

"They're just about to get onboard the Jaegers." Matilda reported in. "It will be a four-Jaeger team operation. Jaegers Prime and JetBlackStar will lead first, then Jaegers Striker and Eva will go in next."

Down at Jaeger Prime's launch bay, now wearing the armour, Braedey walked into the Conn-Pod with some technicians, as he now got hooked up into the harness. He stepped over to the platform for his feet, which locked him into place. Then, two technicians hook the brunette into the rig to hold him in place in the middle of the mech's head. After that, the technicians stepped out of the Conn-Pod. Once doing so, the hatch was sealed tight, and the gantry slowly moved away. At the same time, Shawn walked into the Conn-Pod of Jaeger JetBlackStar, as he got hooked up into the harness. He stepped to the platform for his feet, which locked him into place. Then, the rigging hooked itself up to the blonde, holding him in place in the middle of the mech's head. After that, the hatch was sealed tight, and the gantry slowly moved away.