Chapter Thirty: James Admits

Thanks to assistance from the Valhalla Brothers and their weapon designs, many mechanics and engineers have been working around the clock to build the new weapons for the Jaegers. In addition, they've been updating some of the Jaegers, such as circuitry being updated alongside hydraulics systems for much faster reaction times. Plus, the reactor cores of each Jaeger have been updated, fuel rods being retrofitted, as well as coolant systems circulation. Venting systems were also integrated, for the sake of reactor efficiency and the removal of heat-based waste.

For weaponry, the first being built was Stormbreaker, the battle axe. Building the handle itself seemed a bit easy, fortunately using some kind of large mould to make the handle. It was done within about a few days. But, for the axe blade and the rocket engines, the latter was a bit of a struggle to obtain. However, the mixture of Tungsten, Lead, Platinum, and Silver was challenging to try and get the right blend that's strong but also lightweight. Luckily, the job was eventually finished, and the weapon was soon ready for action.

Alongside the Stormbreaker axe was another three weapons: a Jaeger-proportional M134 Minigun under the codename 'Death Machine', a large broadsword named 'Demon Slayer', and a machine gun under the designation of '70

Alongside the Stormbreaker axe was another three weapons: a Jaeger-proportional M134 Minigun under the codename 'Death Machine', a large broadsword named 'Demon Slayer', and a machine gun under the designation of '70. Caliber', just to name a few of the weapons. Just to see these weapon designs, it's something else.

~*~*~

On a Sunday, Matilda had just arrived at SHIELD HQ. To her confusion, Braedey wasn't at home when she woke up. She took a guess that he was either out for a walk or a drive. But when she got to the base, to her surprise, Braedey was already there, and he was now organising the new weaponry to be prepped and ready for when the next Demon or HYDRA/Death Wish/MECH attack occurs.

"Alright, make sure that Stormbreaker is ready for deployment on the dot." Braedey asked to some of the technicians and engineers. "Not a moment's delay."

Matilda walked up. "Braedey, where were you this morning?" She asked him. "I went to check on you, but you weren't home."

"Sorry. I just have to make sure everything is at 100% and ready." Braedey replied, then he smiled a little. "Man, I feel like I'm more alive than before."

Matilda showed a small smile and nodded to him. "Just don't try and overexert yourself with all of this, okay?" She advised, now walking off to get the elevator.

'Overexert myself... the only time I ever do that would be in a Jaeger.' Braedey thought to himself.

Matilda opened the elevator as it arrived on the floor. She made her way inside. As she waited for the doors to close, she saw Kaji running up.

"Hey, hold that elevator!" Kaji yelled. Matilda pushed the button to close the door, but Kaji managed to get in, much to the blonde woman's annoyance. "Man, I've never had to run this much!" Kaji sighed, now looking to Matilda. "So, what's with the dark expression?" He asked.