Chapter Twenty-Two: Blackout & Nitro Zeus

Braedey groaned, his eyes slowly opening up. He could see he was once again inside of a hospital room, his right arm having a blood and IV drip attached to it. He groaned to himself, rubbing the sleepers out of his eyes, as he slowly sat up.

"Easy, partner." Shawn leaned in, placing a hand on his shoulder to stop him from moving too much, and forcing him down onto the bed. "You have been stuck in the core of Jaeger Prime for about 32 days, from what I've heard."

"Wh... what?" Braedey asked in bewilderment.

"Trust me, you're not the only one who's confused." Shawn reassured to him. "It was a miracle when we got you back."

"What about.... everyone else?" Braedey asked.

"Don't you worry about us. A few cuts and bruises, though Amy did get knocked about." Shawn clarified. "She's alright now, just in recovery."

Speaking of Amy, she now walked into the hospital room, her left arm in a sling, while she has a bandage around her head, with Hawk and Linx alongside her. Amy seemed to show a tiny smile, as she walked up towards Braedey's bed.

"You are very lucky to be alive." Amy gently patted Braedey's head, much to his surprise. "I am happy you are alright."

"Thanks, Amy." Braedey thanked softly.

"Sorry about this, but for the time being, you and Jaeger Prime are grounded until further notice, the Council saying so." Linx then reported in. "It's bad news, but it's direct orders right from the Council and the Commander."

"Yeah. They weren't too pleased about hearing what had happened to Prime, and they're all demanding an explanation for what's going on." Hawk added.

"That's something." Braedey muttered to himself.

"And we found out that the Commander sent out a signal to Jaeger Prime to shut it down." Shawn then said to Braedey, much to his shock and anger. "Yeah. We feel the same way."

"What do we do now?" Braedey asked to Shawn.

"For now, nothing." Linx said, to Braedey's glaring look. "Listen, Braedey. For a little while, we've been getting any and all information regarding DEMOHN and MECH, as well as something called Death Wish. Don't know what it might be, but it definitely sounds sinister."

"Alright." Braedey sighed to himself, slumping down in his bed.

"So, what happened while you were inside the core?" Shawn asked. "You were in there for almost a month."

"I saw... my cousin, Terry." Braedey explained. "He... he was the one who's behind the mental blackouts, and for my fight while I'm out on the field. He worked at SHIELD a little while ago as a mechanic on the fusion core of Jaeger Prime. But... when a test went wrong while he was working on the core, he had been assimilated into the core."

"Whoa. That's something." Hawk commented.

"He even told me about DEMOHN and MECH doing some kind of testing in the Middle East or something." Braedey added in. "Don't know what, but I'm worried about that."

"We'll see what there is. You just focus on getting some rest." Shawn reassured to Braedey.

Linx then turned to look over to the door. "And I made a call earlier to someone." He said to Braedey, just as the door opened.

"Braedey!" Jessie suddenly ran into the room, and she hugged her brother, much to his slight muffled groans of pain. "I'm so happy you're safe."

"Hey, Jessie." Braedey smiled gently back.

Jackson and Mary then stepped into the room. "We got the call from Linx about what's been going on, and we arrived here as soon as possible." Jackson explained to Braedey.