Chapter Seventeen: I've Had Enough!

After the whole fight against the Demon, Jaeger Prime was brought back to SHIELD HQ, alongside the other mechs and they were put into lockdown. But, everyone was more focused than anything on Jaeger Prime and its pilot, especially after what had happened earlier.

"Linkage circuits with Jaeger prime have been severed." Maya informed to Morato, after checking through the computers.

"Conn-Pod eject signal?" Morato asked to her.

"It's been locked out by the pilot. It's not being received." Maya informed again.

"Look, Braedey, if we hadn't done what we did, you'd have been killed!" Hyuga said to Braedey, all of them looking at the main screen that had the Jaeger being shown to them.

"That doesn't make it alright." Braedey's voice spoke out, sounding rather dark.

"That's the cold, hard truth." Hyuga said.

"Don't say that, you'll only make me angrier." Braedey growled, many feeling the hairs on the back of their neck stand on end. "Jaeger Prime's weapons are still armed and charged to full power. That's more than enough energy with to demolish half of headquarters, as well as a part of New York City itself."

"Given his state of mind right now, he might do it." One technician commented, Morato also concerned by this.

"Braedey, listen to us!" Maya called out. "If the Commander didn't make that call, we all might have been killed!"

"Like that matters anymore! That man... that monster... he nearly killed people that were out on the bridge, and he didn't give a damn about them! And he used me to do it!" Braedey yelled, now punching something inside of the Conn-Pod, making a few cringe at the impact. "I know you're out there, James. Answer me if you think I'm wrong."

James sighed to himself. This is what he knew was going to happen, and he doesn't have time for anything like this. "Raise the LCL pressure density to maximum levels." He ordered, Maya looking at him in shock. "I don't have time to deal with childish tantrums."

"I still have the direct control circuits--" Braedey was cut off when the pressure was increased, making his body now float in the LCL fluid, unable to do anything, as he finally fell unconscious.

~*~*~

Over by the Verrazzano-Narrows Bridge, Ritsuko was looking up at the damage that was sustained by the structure, while cranes and barges were settling into place to begin the repairs and salvage of broken parts

Over by the Verrazzano-Narrows Bridge, Ritsuko was looking up at the damage that was sustained by the structure, while cranes and barges were settling into place to begin the repairs and salvage of broken parts. Ritsuko managed to only get a bad cut on her head, part of her head bandaged up.

Ritsuko saw Matilda walking up. "Shouldn't you be resting?" She asked.

"I can still do my job." Matilda replied back harshly at the blonde woman next to her. "I can't stay in bed, not during a crisis." She sighed to herself. "What happened with Braedey?"