Motherly Love.

(A/N Nov 11, 2020 I'm sorry I'm late with uploading! Forgive me! 🥺)

-

Rosie,

What do you know about Voldemort's heir, Joy?
What does she have to do with Snape?

We need to find something at Hogwarts. Significant but small.
Powerful, but hidden in plain sight.

Harry

Harry puts down his quill and sends the letter out.

"Are you sure that we can trust her? Snape being her father and all. He killed Dumbledore... he's working for Voldemort." Ron argues.

"So is Joy..." Hermione shrugs, "...But she's still Joy." She looks at the two boys before continuing on, "And Joy said to trust her, right?"
Harry nods.
"Then that's what we have to do."

-

With everyone wanting the damn diadem, I decided to push it off with getting it for a bit.
I was writing notes in DADA class when my left arm began to burn intensely. I winced at the pain, which caused Neville to look up to me, "Are you alright, Rosie?"

I nod, "Just cramps." I shot my hand up in the sky, "May I be excused?"

Boy Carrow glares at me before dismissing me from class. I watched him as he seemed to not be experiencing the pain from the dark mark... it must be just me.

I grab my belongings before running to Snape's office, who was conveniently sitting behind his desk.

"What are you doing here? You should be in class." He asks firmly.

I pull up my sleeve and display the dark mark moving against my skin.
I give him a look of 'maybe it's just me'.

I leave my books in his office and charm myself into Joy before apparating to the Manor.

-

I push the mahogany door open and immediately yell out, "It's only been a few weeks, Voldy! I don't have your stupid tiara yet!"
I look around the room and see that it's actually empty... no one is here.

"What the fuck?" I whispered to myself.

I hear a cough behind me. I turn with my wand at the ready and see Narcissa standing a few feet away from me.

"Narcissa! I could've killed you,"'I sigh out.

She walks over to the table and takes a seat. She motions for me to do the same, and I oblige.

"I wanted to ask how you were doing, Joy. There's not many women following the Dark Lord... so we must take care of each other." She places both of her hands on the table, interlocking her fingers with each other.

I study her for a bit. It still baffles me how she's not a Death Eater, but she's basically married into the lifestyle.

Wait...

"Narcissa, as I recall, you're not an official Death Eater. How have you called for me?"

She chuckles, "Draco is currently sleeping. I'm still able to summon you with his mark."
I nod, now understanding that that was even possible.

She goes on, "That was your first kill, wasn't it?"

Admitably, I say, "Yes, it was."

She places a hand on mine and leans in to say, "It takes a lot of strength for someone to kill their own father."

I stared at her blindly, "Excuse me?"

She smiles, "I went to Gringott's when I returned from my recent trip... I'm sure you're familiar with the Thief's Downfall."

I sit straighter in my chair, "...Does Draco know that you remember?"

She shakes her head, "I haven't gotten the chance to mention it to him yet... and I hoped to speak to you first about it."

She grips my hand a bit tighter and looks to me with sincere eyes.
"You were still so kind to me, even when you didn't know who you really were. You're a lot of things, Joy... I'm sure you never fail to surprise people."

I start to get embarrassed with how she's praising me, given the fact that I tortured her husband... and made her only son do the tasks alone.

"Narcissa, about Lucius—" I try to plead.

She put her hand up for he to quiet down, "I've seen the way that Draco looks at you, Joy. I know my son." She smiles, "I love Lucius, as he is Draco's father... but like how you and Draco are set up, we also had an arranged marriage."
She looks across the room, as if in deep thought, "It was never any type of love beyond that, but I can see that it's different with you and Draco."

I looked down at the ground, completely embarrassed at the fact that Narcissa is talking about how she only loves Lucius as Draco's father.

She continues on, "I hope the engagement is back on. I've noticed Draco is now sporting another ring, conveniently located on his left hand."

I begin to blush, "Technically, yes. Unfortunately, due to the obvious circumstances, we can't do much about it. The Dark Lord does not know that my memories have returned. Snape has instructed me to continue on as normal."

"So Snape is also aware?" She asks and I nod my head.
I look to her and say, "Narcissa, will you be telling Lucius?"

She shakes her head, "Those who don't need to know, shall not."

I'm really glad to have her as a mother in law.

"You're welcome to stay at the Manor whenever you please," she offers.

"Thank you," I respond, "But I don't believe it's wise with the Dark Lord unaware of our situation."

She assures me, "I know my own home, and I will protect what is mine. That includes Draco... and now you. I have already protected our home from being alerted when the Dark Lord will be arriving. You are safe here. We will be a family, after all."

My heart began to race at the mention of a family.
I've always loved Narcissa as a mother. She has been so welcoming and kind, even if she hid the truth about mother's death... and now she will technically be my mother too.

She scoots her chair back and stands to dust off her dress, "Would you like to stay for dinner?"

I thank her, "I don't think I should."

She waves her hand, "Nonsense. We can start planning the wedding, while Dibby prepares the food. Draco will be asleep until then."