'Fun' in Potions.

We're in Potions when Snape said we're actually doing something 'fun' today.
The class cheered in a monotone "yay" before clearing our desks.

Snape grabbed something from his cabinet, and gave it to the student nearest to him. He instructed, "Pass around the vial, and announce to the class what comes to mind."
A few students did so, and were all wondering what's in this tiny vial.

Snape explains, "This... is Amortentia, the most powerful love potion in the world." He glides across the room.
"This does not... create actual love. Simply a very strong infatuation of the person who brewed it. Each person will experience different aromas, with what they find they are... most attractive to."

I get passed the vial and examine it. It's slightly glittery, with steam in a spiral form dancing out of the top of the vial.

I inhale the steam as I calculate what I smell. I ponder on it for a bit... trying to figure out this weird mixture of aroma. Why does it smell familiar?
My eyes widen.

Mint, apples, and Draco's cologne.

I quickly passed the vial to the girl next to me. Well I basically threw it to her chest. She just stares at me like she's waiting for an apology, "What are you staring at?"

Snape interjects, "Miss Deveroux..."
"What?" I look at Snape.
He sighs, "You did not announce what it smelled like for yourself."

Oh fuck.

I glanced over at Draco who was already looking at me. Oh fucking bloody hell, I have to think of something.

"Uhm... fresh laundry, new parchment, and pine trees?"

Snape nods and motions for the girl next to me to move along.
I sigh knowing that he believed me.
Tori leans over to me and asks, "Are you ok?" I just nod. My gaze went straight to the ground before I looked up and my eyes met a pair of silver ones.

Draco was still staring at me. I look away from him but I can still feel his eyes boring into my skull.
His voice speaks up as Goyle passed him the vial.
Draco took a whiff of the amortentia and looked right at me again.

All the other girls in the room eagerly waited for Draco's answer, hoping one of the smells represents them... Pansy specifically.

Draco says, "Fire whiskey, strawberries, and freshly cut grass."

I look at him in disgust, 'what kind of fucking mixture of smells is that?'

He smirks at my reaction before rolling his eyes and looking away from me.
Thank Salazar I didn't tell the truth about my amortentia... I would've died from embarrassment.

Class was soon over and I was done with lessons for the day. I left Potions and was surprised to see Adrian waiting across the hall for me. He smiled as he saw me and started to walk towards me, as I do the same.

He asks, "Done for the day?" I nod. "You wanna go study in the Great Hall for a bit?" I smile, "Sure."

-

We studied for a few hours before Adrian had to leave for a meeting with Headmaster Dumbledore. He didn't mention what for, but it sounded important. He kissed me goodbye and left the Great Hall.
I stayed for a little while after he left, but I really should've left sooner so I wouldn't have to talk to the person who's currently walking my way.

"What's up, Deveroux?"
I dramatically groan and look up at the pathetic excuse of a man, "Did you not learn your lesson the first time, Lawrence? Or did you need a refresher?"

Jake Lawrence took a seat across of me, "Just wanted to say hi. Not trying to stir up any trouble."
I roll my eyes at him before going back to my work.

"So you and my boy getting kind of serious, huh?"
I don't look up this time, "Funny. Adrian never mentioned you once. I didn't know you were friends."
I felt his smirk, "Of course. How else would he have known about you? I'm the one that told him about you and our disagreement last year."
I scoff, "You mean, when I pummeled you and made you cry?"
"I wasn't crying!" He started to shout but quickly composed himself. I stifled my laugh.

"Anyway..." he goes on, "Adrian was saying how he's thinking of taking your relationship to the next level... if you know what I mean." I stop writing as I process what he just said.
He leans over the table and whispers, "I can't wait for him to tell me all about it." He winks at me.

I stand up and pulled his tie closer to me, which yanks his whole body to follow. My fist was already lifted into the air, about to go full force on his face, when a voice interrupts us.

"Is there a problem here?"

Lawrence and I both look over to where the voice was coming from.

Draco and his Goons were standing beside the table, the lights reflecting off of their Inquisitorial badges, waiting for an answer. "Well?"

I force a half smile on my face before letting go of Lawrence's tie and pushing him back, "No." I grab my stuff and head for the exit.

-

I make it outside to the nearest corridor when I take a second to calm down. I just wanted to study in peace. Is that too hard to ask for, Great Merlin?!
My thoughts get interrupted when I'm pulled backwards into an empty classroom.

I gasp at the sudden movement and stand still when the person closes and locks the door shut.

"What do you think you're fucking doing?"

A light flickers on and the classroom looks familiar.
It's the same classroom from...
But that means...
My eyes met his.

Draco.