Reunion.

(A/N: Oct. 22, 2020 I am so sorry, everyone. I decided to watch Deathly Hallows Part 1 and 2 and I've been nonstop crying... I didn't have the heart to write while watching it 😭 I made this chapter happy to make up for it.)

Draco looked at Dumbledore with softened eyes, "...You remember her?"
Dumbledore nods, "She is good for you, Draco. Trust her."

The Death Eaters made their way up to the top of the tower to find Draco and Dumbledore in a one sided duel.

"Well, look who we have here. Well done, Draco!" Bellatrix reached the top of the stairs, followed by Greyback, Dolohov and the others. "You've managed to single out Dumbledore."

Dumbledore looks to the new arrivals, "Good evening Bellatrix. I believe introductions are in order."

"I'd love to, Albus. But I'm afraid we're on a bit of a tight schedule." Bellatrix waves her wand and whacks it against her non-existent watch.
She walks over to the shoulder of Draco to whisper, "Do it, Draco."

Draco, who still has his wand pointed to Dumbledore, was still shaken to his core, unsure of what to do.

Greyback spits, "He doesn't have the stomach... just like his father." He laughs and walks towards Dumbledore, "I'll have a go at it!"

Bellatrix pushes him back, "No! The Dark Lord told him! Do it, Draco! Do it now!" She screams.

Draco kept his eyes on Dumbledore, his hand trembling.

"No."

Snape emerges from the stairs and joins the crowd. He takes a second to meet the eyes of everyone that's present in the astronomy tower. He slowly walks over to Draco and pushes him to the side.

Snape finally looks into the eyes of the Great Wizard, who begs for his life, "Severus... please."

Snape's expression stays cold and responds, "I promised... I made a vow." He whips out his wand and circles it above his head.

"Avada kadavra!"

A flash of green light slowly travels through the air, and strikes Albus Dumbledore right in the heart.
He tumbles backwards and falls over the rails that protected him.. vanishing from their sight.

Draco watched as his Headmaster fell to his death, the cackles of Bellatrix muting out around him.

Snape grabs Draco by the nape of his neck, "You can no longer stay here," and pushes him down the stairs.

-

I heard thunder roar through the skies. Louder. Longer. Stronger. I look out the window and saw the shadow of a body fall from the ledge of the astronomy tower.

I ran to the window as I saw the dark shadow fall lower and lower to the ground below.
A bolt of light was sent to the sky and illuminated the clouds to reveal the Dark Mark. I heard the cackle of Bellatrix echo across the castle as lightning struck the sky.

Only two people came to mind that I need to find: Draco and Snape.

I rushed out of Snape's office, and frantically ran throughout the castle to find them.
I turned a corner after running through many halls and stepped back to hide behind a pillar.

I saw the crowd. I saw everyone. Crowding over the body of Albus Dumbledore.
I felt my eyes swell up and a pain started to ache into my chest.

Dumbledore was dead, and this was just the beginning.

I quickly wiped away my tears and pried myself way from the scene and continued to look for them.

I was gasping for air with every turn, every step, every stride. Panicking, wishing, praying they're both ok.

I heard the glass shatter of the Great Hall as it shocked me, and the dust of the explosions puffing out of the once pristine windows. I decide that's my best bet to go for.

I see shadows running out the Great Hall, each body in different shape. I hide in the shadows waiting for them all to leave. I see them run out the hall, heading towards Hagrid's Hut down below.

I run to the front of the Great Hall watching them run through the field. There was more of them... I swear. There's more! Where are they?!

"JOY!"

I turn around and see Snape standing in front of me, his eyes full of anger and fear. He yells at me, "I told you to stay in my office! Why did you leave?! You need to go to Cokeworth now!"

I yelled back, tumbling towards him, "I needed to know where you were!" Tears started to fill my eyes, "You didn't tell me anything! You didn't even tell me where Draco was!" I walked up to him, pounding on his chest. "Where is he, Severus?!"

"...Joy?"

A soft whisper of my name. The sweetest sound in the world and I thought I was dreaming.

Snape stepped aside as I saw my favorite blonde walk into frame.

His icy grey eyes met my dark brown.

Time stood still. I felt every motion of my heart beating, faster and harder the longer that I looked at him. I could feel my eyes tear up as I struggled to breathe. A single tear rolls down my cheek.
A happy tear. A tear I was so glad for it to develop and fall. I suddenly couldn't get enough air into my lungs.

The sight of him was literally breathtaking.

He's alive, he's ok, and he's standing right in front of me.

I gasp out, "Hi Draco."

He slowly walked to me, our eye contact never breaking. He fixed his jacket and ran his fingers through his hair, while he tripped on some rubble and stood in front of me.

I giggle, as he tried to be serious and still stared at me. "I've told you numerous times to stop staring at me... it's rude, you know?"

I saw a smile run across his face as he runs towards me and picks me up in his arms and twirls me around.

He touches my face, "You remember?!"
I happily nod.

He pulls me in for a kiss and I felt my heart wanting to jump through my chest. Merlin, how much I've missed him.

We were interrupted by the clearing of a throat.
We stopped and turned to Snape who was still staring at the both of us.

"If you two don't mind... now is not the time." I tuck my hair behind my ear and nod.

Snape looks to me, "Cokeworth... now. Bring Draco with you." I nod and he goes on, "I'll deal with the rest." I smile at Snape and silently mouth, 'thank you' and he nods and soon followed the same trail of the other Death Eaters.

Draco squeezed his hand into mine. He brought my hand up to his lips, where he placed a kiss on our intertwined fingers. His touch was so soothing, so comforting... like I was home.

I wasn't alone. He wasn't alone.
We were together.... finally.