Deja vu.

I walked back to my dorm and closed the door behind me. I leaned against the door and touched my lips.
A million thoughts ran through my head.

Why did the kiss feel so good?

So right?

So... familiar?

I shake my head to dismiss it. I can't let things get in the way of my meaning for living: Voldemort's heir.
I can't have some guy distract me from doing what I'm meant to do.

It doesn't matter anyway. He's obviously in love with his girlfriend or whatever...

Lucky bitch.

I avoided him for a while after that day. Not like it was hard, he was still sneaking off to that room trying to fix the cabinet. Although it's practically fixed already.

Not gonna lie, I actually missed seeing him around.

-

"Harmonia nectere passus."

The chirping of a bird has never sounded sweeter than it does right now.

Draco turned the knob to the Vanishing Cabinet and saw that the bird has returned, unharmed.
A smile grew on his face as he thought to himself, 'I fixed it.'

It took him a few more days but he did it. He fixed the cabinet. One task completed. He just has to do the other... then he can have Joy back.

He leaves the Room of Requirement and heads straight for Snape's office to notify him of his progress.

He walks up the stairs to the office but hears voices coming from the other side of the door. He smashes his ear against the wood to hear the conversation better.

-

I'm in Snape's office as Joy because I was summoned that it's time for me to leave Hogwarts.

"Has he told you yet?" I ask Snape as he organizes some papers on his desk. "No, he hasn't." He replies, "But I'm sure it'll be any day now."

I sigh, "Has he ever asked about me to you?" Snape stops what he's doing and slowly turns around, "And what would he ask about?"

I shrug my shoulders, "I don't know... anything really." He raises one eyebrow, "Does Joy have a crush on... Mr. Malfoy?" I roll my eyes, "Snape, I'm not blind ok? He's obviously attractive, my age, and we obviously have things in common." I motion to the mark in my left arm.

Snape rolls his eyes before we both hear a knock on the door. "Enter."

"Snape, what the hell?!" I quickly hide in a nearby closet so that no one sees me as Joy.

I see Malfoy walk into Snape's office.
"Who were you talking to? He asks, "And why were you talking about Joy?"

Ah fuck, he heard me.

Snape glares at him, "I wasn't talking to anyone... you must've been hearing voices." Malfoy squints at Snape before changing the subject.
"The cabinet is completed." Malfoy says. Snape nods in response, "I will let him know. You're dismissed, dinner should start soon."
With that, Malfoy quickly left the office.

I wait a few minutes before emerging from the closet I was hiding in. "Thanks for the fucking warning, Sev. He could've seen me." I dust off my clothes.
He rolls his eyes, "Dumbledore has given permission for you to apparate out of campus grounds, but only from the confines of my office. You're free to go whenever you please." I nod and quickly change back to Rosie before going to the dungeons.