034. 𝖕𝖗𝖔𝖕𝖔𝖘𝖆𝖑

this is short, oops and gender isn't specified

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
warnings :: hardcore fluff content
prompt :: corpse proposing to you and
it almost went sideways completely
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

          A LAUGH ESCAPES past your lips while cuddling next to your boyfriend on the couch next to you, his arms wrapped around your waist with your hand resting on his chest and head in his neck. the two of you were just talking with the television on mute in the background, the light off the screen the only thing lighting the dark room.

you had noticed that corpse was more antsy the entire week. he fidgeted with his rings and pulled on the chains that rested around his neck more often than normal. you just figured he was nervous from the fact your three year anniversary was today and he had something planned for it.

so here you were, two glasses of red wine on the coffee table that were half full from drinking it every now and then. it wasn't anything special, and quite frankly, you were glad it wasn't. corpse doesn't like going out and since your relationship is made to the public, people would notice you and put two and two together. dates were always at home or somewhere more secluded. both of you were content with this decision.

corpse looked down at you, noticing how your eyes were trained on something below. the room was silent. not an uncomfortable, awkward silence though. more of comforting one. this was a good time to pop the question he wanted to ask for awhile now.

he cleared his throat, gaining your attention to look upwards at him. corpse looked into your eyes with a small smile on his lips before continuing, "uhm, y/n? i need to tell you something that i've been thinking about for awhile now." you nodded your head for him to continue. a part of you was excited while the other side was anxious.

"today marks the day that we've been together for three years now. that's one thousand and ninety-five days spent together. its kind of crazy, don't you think? you put up through my bullshit for three fucking years. and you stayed with me when things weren't going well for me. you supported me through all of my decisions. y/n, you didn't try and change me or speak for me when people asked about the two of us," corpse cleared his throat, "but i don't want to be your boyfriend anymore."

the smile that was on your lips had immediately dropped. you looked at him with a shocked expression. dumping you on your anniversary? what kind of shitty move is that?

you raised up from the couch until his calloused hand grabbed ahold of yours. your head turned towards him but instead corpse was on one knee in front of you, a ring in the other hand. your eyes widened at the scene in front of you.

" — i don't want to be your boyfriend anymore because i want to be your husband, y/n." he chuckled while shaking his head. you gasped and hit his shoulder harshly. corpse jokingly pouted as if it had actually hurt him. you wiped the tears in your eyes, "you asshole, you should have led with that! yes, yes, a thousand times yes." you laughed with tears now streaming down your cheek.

he grinned up at you and slid the ring onto your finger, reaching upwards and kissing you deeply with his hand on either side of your cheek, using the pads of his thumb to wipe away your tears.

AUTHOR SPEAKS!
guess whos back 🗿