024. 𝖊𝖒𝖇𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖆𝖘𝖘𝖒𝖊𝖓𝖙

ੈ✩‧₊˚ AUTHORS NOTE :: thought this was super cute! thank you for the request! if you're still waiting on your request, i'm trying to get all of them done by today

ੈ✩‧₊˚ AUTHORS NOTE :: thought this was super cute! thank you for the request! if you're still waiting on your request, i'm trying to get all of them done by today. my batman book first chapter is posted tomorrow afternoon.
ੈ✩‧₊˚ PRONOUNS :: she/her

          after typing in the code, you joined the game among us

          after typing in the code, you joined the game among us. it had completely slipped your mind to join the discord call so you desperately moved to another browser and opened the app. you noticed the active call, joining it quickly before they kicked you from the lobby.

          "okay, sorry for the technical difficulties. my discord wasn't working properly. hi everyone." you spoke quietly into your microphone. it was a little awkward for you considering everyone was silent when you joined.

          everyone said a quick hello back. "okay, i'm going to do a quick introduction to everyone for my video, is that okay?" james asked into his headset with a laugh following. "yeah, we'll be famous." you joked.

          after a couple of moments, james started. "you guys know i've been playing public games for quite awhile now but earlier on twitter, i said that i wanted to play among us and i got so many responses from a ton of really, really huge gamers and streamers, basically all people that are probably far better at this game. we have a server ready to go, we have all ten of us and i would to give some, you know, introductions." he spoke quickly.

          you blinked a couple of times, trying to register all of the words that flowed out of his mouth so smoothly. you shook your head and tuned back into the conversation.

          "going in no particular order, we have the lovely y/n, who i met like two minutes ago. love her already." james beamed.

          you laughed, "love you too, sister james."

          the introductions continued down the line of people. your fingers rested on the bridge of your nose, pinching it slightly as you listened to james. you didn't necessarily have a problem with him.

          "we have corpse." james pointed out, waiting for his specific response time. after clearing his throat, he responded. "hello."

          "get me every time." you felt a ping of jealousy in your heart. it wasn't your business and everyone was obsessed with his voice when you played most of the time. but something about this felt different. you felt angry and full of jealousy.

          you didn't mind the fans, not at all. but when people you specifically talked to is what got to you. — to make it clear, you weren't exclusively dating corpse either. you simply had a crush on him to his friends. but behind the screens and the filming, you two were dating. you had been for awhile in secrecy. it was more of a mutual decision in case something had happened.

          you cleared your throat as the game started. you were a crew-mate for the first game,, thankfully. you weren't ready to be an imposter yet. you started down in admin, swiping your card when already a body was reported. most likely a stack kill.

          "james, what the hell was that-?" corpse asked which resulted in a laugh from james. "explain yourself," he added with a laugh.

          you practically tuned out the conversation until your name was heard from james. "-maybe it was her. she was there first." you scoffed and laughed coldly, "i was doing my card swipe, james followed behind me very closely as well. maybe it was him."

          without hearing another word from anyone, you clicked on james's character and voted for him. you crossed your arms. everyone else voted for a skip. it seemed like you did tune out the conversation again because of what was said next. "corpse is cute, no doubt."

           james had said that when everyone was supposed to be muted. he clearly didn't know about it. it was most likely as a joke as well but something inside you burned with fire. you unmuted your mic.

          "yeah, my boyfriend is cute."

          it was complete and utter silence afterward. your eyes widened at your words, your hand covering your mouth. you pressed your lips firmly against each other. it was supposed to be a secret. it was supposed to be between you two. and you just ruined that.

          the round continued until another body was reported. it was an awkward conversation but james ended up being voted out for being the imposter. you didn't dare utter another word during that.

          that was until you heard the specific deep voice you knew and loved to death. "yeah, we're dating. we have been for a while now but we didn't know if we wanted to say anything." he said nonchalantly.

          you blinked a couple of times. "knew it!" rae screamed into the microphone before everyone else nodded in agreement, saying how they suspected things and such. you let out a deep breath.

          "i'm sorry for outing it like that.." you whispered.

          it seemed as if he heard you, "it was only a matter of time before everyone figured it out anyways, baby. it's okay."

          you forgot almost everyone here was streaming. you and corpse were trending on twitter. fan art, fanfics, and not to mention the unconditional support was all over your timeline and mentions.