New life

I stand back watching robin sitting with lily I stand there shaken I go to grab my jacket and my phone robin looks at me "what are you doing?" "I'm going to call a cab for lily so we can get to the hospital" lily shakes her head breathing heavily "no no you can't they won't admit me until my contractions are a minute apart" I stare at Robin confused as robin points at the bathroom "get me a wet damp cloth to put on her lower stomach" I run into the bathroom racking through the drawers to find a face cloth or something I can hear lily groaning in pain I finally grab it turning the tap on wetting the cloth running through passing robin the cloth I sit down beside lily rubbing her back trying to comfort her. After a while me and Robin help lily up "right lily time to get you to the hospital just breathe"
Before I know it were in a taxi on are way to the hospital I desperately try to call Marshall no answer and Barney won't pick up "call ted they will all be together" i nod at robin I've got to do this for lily but secretly I was dreading this things had been so awkward between me and ted since Christmas I take a deep breath ringing teds number for the first time in months "hey Crystal we're on are way I'm trying to get barney and Marshall to listen but there pretty drunk" "okay ted please hurry...ted? Hello ted" I pause for a moment hearing someone fighting over a phone robin looks at me asking me if there on there way I shrug my shoulders when finally someone answers "hey Crystal ted was just just being boring we're partying" I roll my eyes getting irritated it's barney "barney pass the phone back to ted lily is in labour" barney pauses I can hear him laughing slightly "oh okay lily has great boobs okay ted TED it's Crystal" I hear ted grabbing his phone back "sorry about that barney ran away into the girls bathroom with my phone there both really drunk I'll try be there as soon as possible"
We pull over I pay the driver me and Robin both help lily into the hospital they were already expecting her ted must have called they get lily into a hospital gown they wheel her into the room robin follows "I'm going with lily you stay here and wait on the guys" I nod watching robin following after lily nurse and doctor. I walk out into the street and attempting to call ted straight to voice mail his phone must be off or dead I hope he's got them in a cab by now.
After a while of sitting on a bench outside a taxi pulls up Marshall runs out the cab running up to me in a panic "go down that hall turn left room three she's in there you haven't missed anything to now" Marshall nods running into the hospital I turn back to the street to see ted dragging barney out the cab, ted smiling at me slightly I walk over "thanks Ted you have been amazing if you hadn't went Marshall would still be stuck in Atlantic city wasted no thanks to Barney" barney shakes his head disagreeing with me while Ted walks in to find Robin "don't blame this on me" I laugh shaking my head at barney looking him up and down in disgust "your thirty one barney just grow up would you" I snap as I turn back around as I head for the hospital doors