Secrets

I walk out of the bathroom after composing my thoughts I walk out smiling ted looks up and smiles I sit down next to him as barney glares from across the room at ted hugging me on the couch lily and Marshall go of to bed early as I sit hug with Ted on the couch watching some Christmas film.
Barney stands up fixing his tie "right I'm gonna go and I'll cya both tomorrow by" Ted jumps up to walk barney to the door "alright bro I'll cya tomorrow" barney smiles and walks out I breathe in heavily as ted shuts the door and turns around smiling at me he walks over grabbing me by the hand "come on let's go up to the roof" I smile as I follow him up to the roof ted spins round looking at me smiling ear to ear then he stops seeing my face "w-whats wrong?" I sigh breathing in "ted your a really sweet guy and you know there was time when I would of said yes" ted stands back confused "so your answers no? After all these months you built me up you made me believe we were going to be a thing" looking at ted so upset and stressed I shout "i know okay it wasn't meant to be like this okay I'm sorry for this but...im not single anymore"
ted looks up confused "why..didint you tell me? Who is the lucky guy then" I smile nodding ted smiling back I shake my head slightly "ted I'm gonna go home I can't tell you that was keeping it on the down-low okay so don't tell anyone" ted nods puts his hands up "okay okay ill cya tomorrow I'm glad you were able to make Barney come along he normally hates Christmas" I pause nodding as I walk towards the door opening it "yeah it was great ill cya tomorrow ted"
I walk down the stairs going around the corner breathing heavily I walk up to the bar to order a drink "can I get a vodka and cola please" the bartender nods. He brings me my drink I take a long sip trying to calm my nerves I can't believe I just did that poor ted. I'm sitting when someone comes up behind me "you did it didn't you" I turn round shocked "what on earth how did you know I was gonna be here" Barney laughs sitting down "ive been waiting I never went home I knew you would come down here for a drink after" i laugh as Barney puts a hand round my shoulder I rest my head on his chest "do you want go celebrate" I look up at him laughing "celebrate what breaking teds heart?"
barney rolls his eyes laughing "he will get over it give him a week as long as he doesn't know about is straight away he will get over it" I look into the distance blankly "so what happens when we're ready to tell him"