Once bros always bros

Barney awoke early that morning in fact he hadn't had much sleep he dragged himself out of bed the scratches down his arms stinging like all hell from hitting the ground his head bruised. He pored himself a coffee sitting on the couch like every other morning but it didn't feel like every other morning it felt like a bad hangover. He sat there knowing he had to set this right he had been so childish he was appalled by himself disgusted by his own reflection he couldn't stand it. He downed the rest of his coffee walking up the door then slamming it behind him. I awaken with a loud bang of the door, I yawn stretching looking down the bed..empty I walk through to the living room looking around I see there's a coffee on the counter for me I pick it up underneath read (going to see ted)
suddenly I panic I swiftly grab the first top and jeans I can find running out onto the street heading for teds, barney knocks on the door ted answering it looking barney up and down "what are you doing here barney" barney inhales deeply "ted I've realised how much I've hurt you and I want you to know I never intended any of this to happen it wasn't ment to be like this" ted looks on still standing at the door his eyes black round the bottoms "and I'm sure you understand this one more than anyone, you do unreasonable stupid, spontaneous things for love" ted looks at barney smiling slightly stepping back to let him in barney flings his arms around ted,taken back by this laughs slightly "okay okay I forgive you but I do get a free punch"
barney nodding his head rapidly smiling "okay okay that's cool...bros?" Barney says lifting his hand for a high five ted staring at barney shaking his head laughing high fives barney.
I walk in to barney and ted sitting on the ground hysterical barney head swung back laughing "what...happened here then" I smile over at them they don't reply just keep laughing. Lily walks through rubbing her eyes "what's all the noise te-" she stares at me I shake my head shrugging she laughs in amusement all it needed was time.