Part 1 :)

This isn't on hold anymore! yayyayyayyay! Enjoy :)

......................................................

Beads of sweat ran down my neck as I sprinted after him. The sun was beating down on my head and people were laughing and joking while we ran past them.

I couldn’t catch up with him now. We were sixteen, sixteen and free. This was a summer I would never forget, I met him. He changed everything.

My life was boring until he showed me what life was like.

I watched him turn round laughing, signalling for me to hurry up.

I laughed then ran to him, loving the look on his face as I caught up to him…

“Jess, you ready to go?” I was brought out of my memories as my mother shouted from the top of the beach. I turned to see the family walking back to the car.

This beach had many memories. They were a year ago though. Things have changed now.

My brother pulled the last suitcase out of the car while I stood watching the sunset. Last year my family and I had come here on holiday. We enjoyed it so much that my dad decided we should move here. I of course objected but I had no say in the matter anyway. Last year I met someone, someone who changed my life.

“I bet your looking forward to seeing him, aren’t you?” Ben spoke from behind me.

“Nope. He made a promise…he didn’t keep it though” With that I grabbed my suitcase and stomped into the house.

Dinner was normal; Ben talked about how he was going to ‘rule the school’ as he is a senior. I am in the year below him, seventeen in two months. I was nervous about a new school. I had friends back at my home, friends that I missed. In my old school I was neither popular nor nerdy. I was middle. I didn’t have hoards of boys stalking me or got bullied.

I excused myself from the table and went to sort out my room. The walls were a light blue colour, the carpet was a sandy colour, and it reminded me of the beach. California was different to the busy streets of New York. It was peaceful, but the parties were not as manic as New York parties.

My sketch pad lay on the bedside table. I never looked at it anymore; it had sketches of him in. Sketches that made me cry sketches that brought back the memories.

I pulled back the purple, tissue paper cover and started to flick through my drawings. A drawing of Ben sat on the beach with his headphones in, he was asleep.

Mum and dad laughing at something Ben was telling them.

The last sketch brought a tear to my eye. It was him, the one who had never kept this promise.

Chase Matthews.