Chapter 1 - Up

I was loving life.

I had Kyle back and I could not be happier about it. These past few weeks had been amazing and I had no idea how I had ever let him go in the first place.

And I was the only one madly in love. We were only a few days away from the wedding of Edward and Bella. I couldn't believe my brother was getting married, and soon Bella would be my official sister-in-law.

Alice was completely consumed by the wedding planning with help from Esme and Bella's mum, Renee. Rose and I had been much less involved. I was all for the wedding, of course, but planning it was not my favourite thing, especially when Alice was being a slight control freak.

I was fairly surprised by Charlie and Renee's acceptance of the marriage but was obviously happy about it. I knew Bella had been dreading telling her parents but it was nice they were happy about it.

Kyle had adjusted to the vegetarian diet though it was still a struggle. He was fine around Bella now but I didn't see him starting school in September. Not that I minded. Currently, we were all going to Dartmouth but that relied heavily on Kyle and Bella.

We had also discovered Kyle had a gift. If he focused on someone he would know who their mate was and whether they were dead, alive, or weren't born yet. It was very interesting and I was curious to see whether it would work on a human. It worked in Bella but her mate was a vampire. So would it be the same for two humans? Like soulmates? And could he see a wolf's imprint? So many questions.

My gift, on the other hand, was not doing very well. I still could only control people's sight as well as smell but that took a lot of effort and I still couldn't control smell on more than one person at a time. Once I had been reunited with Kyle, I expected my gift to come back as good as it had been before. Clearly it hadn't.

But apart from that, things were looking up.