Chapter 21 - Camp

We headed home from the hunting trip, arriving back around noon.

We were all much more prepared for the battle and I was willing to rip the head off any vampire who had played any part in Kyle's death.

Alice had told us that Bella had agreed to marry Edward and, though I was hurting a lot right now, I was very happy for my brother.

He deserved the happiness he had found in Bella.

I could see the difference in him when we returned. It was subtle but he was happier now they were engaged. Maybe he had been worried Bella had protested marrying him as she only wanted to become a vampire, not be with him, but anyone could see that was stupid. Well, perhaps not my idiot of a brother.

They were a perfect match and I was glad they had each other.

I'd never wish the loss of a mate on anyone, except the vampires who had killed mine.

Somehow, and I have no clue as to how she did it, Alice managed to convince Bella to change her wedding from a trip to Vegas to under her full control. Alice was bad enough with organising a party, let alone a whole wedding.

Later that day, everyone said goodbye as Edward and Bella headed off to create the trail leading the newborns to the clearing, and to set up their camp for the night.

I didn't envy them. Of course, the cold would not effect me now but I felt sorry for Bella having to spend the night in the tent, on top of a mountain, in a storm.

But tomorrow was the day of the battle and I would make every human sleep in a tent, on top of a mountain, in a storm, if it meant I could kill the vampire who killed Kyle.

Now I get why Victoria tried to kill Bella so many times. The drive for revenge was strong.

And I would make sure I got that revenge.

-~-

Sorry for the wait, and I know it's short. The next chapter will be very short as well but then it's the battle and that will be a much long chapter. Hopefully, I'll get on to that tonight.