Chapter 17 - Party

So I am sorry for the wait. I go back to school tomorrow, for the first time since March, so I've had some last minute work to complete/go over. For some reason I decided to start writing all the wedding speeches for Bella and Edwards's wedding even though it isn't coming up that soon. Might as well get a head start 😂. Anyway, here's this chapter and I will try and get one up early this week but I'll have to see with school and everything since I'll be getting lots of revision work this year. But I will do my best to update regularly. Xx

Edward met Bella on the porch before they quickly entered the house.

As soon as Bella steppes inside, she froze. Her eyes were wide as she took in the room that Alice had just decorated to look like a nightclub.

"Unbelievable," she said, shaking her head slowly.
"Alice will be Alice," Edward said with a shrug.

That was very true. Alice would be Alice. An army of newborn vampires wanted to kill us and yet Alice would still throw a party, putting all her effort into it.

"Edward!" Alice called from yhe other side of the room. She was stood next to one of the large speakers in the room. "I need your advice." She gestured toward a stack of CDs which I was very surprised was still stood upright. "Should we give them familiar and comforting? Or" Alice gestured to a different
pile "educate their taste in music?"
"Keep it comforting," Edward replied and I had to agree. I liked modern music anyway, though I still loved music from my era. "You can only lead the horse to water."

Alice nodded a serious expression on her face as she started throwing the 'educational' CDs into a box.

Alice had changed into her outfit for the party: a sequinned tank top and red leather pants. I had also changed and I was in an outfit Alfie had bought me: a black skirt with a floral print and a white cropped, off the sleeve, top.

"I think I'm underdressed," Bella commented after looking at Alice then me

"You look great," I said.
"You're perfect," Edward disagreed with Bella's assessment, of course.
"You'll do," Alice amended.
"Thanks." Bella sighed. "Do you really think people will come?" It was easy to tell she hoped no one would. I didn't see why she was so against having a party. I knew that now wasn't the best time but that didn't mean I didn't like a party.

Alice made a face at Bella.

"Everyone will come," Edward answered. "They're all dying to see the inside of the reclusive Cullens' mystery house."

I smiled at that. The humans really were curious about where we lived. I was definitely not curious about any of their lives.

"Fabulous," Bella moaned.

We continued to set up the house, by we and mean Alice and myself though I mean mainly Alice; she wouldn't let me do much.

Edward didn't let Bella go once, over protective as usual. It wasn't like the army was going to come charging through the front door tonight.