Epilogue - Talk

So we all know today is the day of Stephanie Meyers announcement so I was on the internet looking to find out what it is. And this came up:

I couldn't go on her website because it wasn't working so anybody know if this is definitely happening? Is Midnight Sun finally being written? I am soooooooo super excited if it is!

Now seen this:

Can't wait!!!!!!

Can't wait!!!!!!

August 4th! *squealing*

-~-

"Hey, Ellie," Edward said as he walked into the living room the following day, or same day really since the vote had been very early this morning.
"Hey," I said as he came and sat down on the sofa next to me. "Why aren't you with Bella?"
"Charlie's awake and keeping an eye on Bella so I thought I'd come here and talk to you before I go back later." He explained.

"You know, I am rather annoyed that you destroyed my drawing."
"I am sorry about that. I wasn't looking when I threw the Tv, I was just annoyed. I didn't mean for it to hit your drawing. Can you redo it?"
"I'm going to make a new one after Bella's been changed as there's no point drawing another one just to have to change it again in a couple of months."

Edward did not look happy at the mention of Bella's changing. But it was set now and he had to accept it.

"I don't understand why you're so against it Edward. She wants it, you want it. Why would you be unhappy if it's what both of you want most?"
"Can we not talk about it?" He asked.
"What is it?" I asked sensing Edward was keeping something to himself.

He let out a small sigh before saying: "Bella wants me to change her, not Carlisle so we were negotiating conditions if I was going to do it. She refused to give me more time. So I asked her to marry me first." I gasped. They were getting married!

But something was off with his expression.

"She said no," he whispered, his eyes raising to meet mine.
"I'm so sorry," I said, wrapping my arms around him. "Did she say why?"
"I think she's mainly worried about what her parents will say."
"Times are different now, Edward," I said. "People don't tend to get married this young and Bella has good reason to be worried about what her parents think. Things didn't go so well for them at a young age and I doubt they want Bella to get married as young as they did. It's a big commitment at 18."
"And being turned into a vampire isn't?" He asked dryly.
"You know what I mean. From her parents viewpoint it's a big commitment at 18 and they most likely would not agree."
"Plus Charlie hates me," Edward added.
"He doesn't necessarily hate you," I argued but we both knew Charlie did.

"Enough about me," Edward said, changing the subject "what did you need to tell me about Kyle? What happened anyway? Did you agree to a long distance relationship? Or are you going back to Illinois?"

As soon as Edward said his name, all the happiness left my face. I immediately felt the pain and loss wash over me.

Edward seemed to realise immediately what had happened, knowing the feeling himself.

"I'm so sorry, Ellie," he said. "What happened?"
"After we'd spoken I went round to his house to talk to him but he wasn't there. His mum had died so he'd had to move to live with his aunt and uncle. I don't have his address and he doesn't have a phone."
"I truly am sorry, Ellie. I know what it's like and I wouldn't wish it on anyone."
"The worst part," I continued "was he knew the whole time."
"Knew what?" Edward asked, confused.
"That I'm a vampire. His dad and sister were killed by one and he worked it out, only he didn't tell me he knew. Not until he'd moved away and he'd left me a letter explaining everything."

Edward wrapped his arms around me and held me as the pain consumed me.

Maybe being back in Forks would be better for me. Maybe it could help cheer me up.

But no matter what happened, nothing would be right without Kyle.

-~-

So we have reached the end of New Moon! I know that was probably not there happiest ending it could have had but some major things are coming in the Eclipse portion of this book.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who had been reading, voting and commenting.

At the start of the New Moon section this book was on 5000 reads and now it on 50,000!! That is honestly insane. Thank you so much to each one of you as without you guys reading I would not be writing nearly as much.

Thank you!!!!💖💖💖💖💖

Eclipse should be starting soon, probably the end of this week. Or right now if I have long enough to finish the first chapter before my phone dies.
6% 🥳😂

I'm sorry, I just have to mention it again.
Midnight Sun is being released 4th August!!!!!!!! Ah I can't wait. I'm barely containing my fangirl squealing right now. I'm just so excited! 🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳
Honestly, it's the only good news in 2020 so far.