21. Ekkis

My jaws clenched tighter before grinding my teeth together.

"It's- it's under..."

I felt my heart freeze inside of me as coldness spread it's claws around it.

"The file's under the..."

My stomach churned looking at the smirk on the devil's face while those words being played continued to enter my ears and a drop of cold sweat dripped visibly from my forehead making me grit and ask, "what do you want?"

He paused the video and looked me in the eye, "you know what I want, Shennoy. And I will do anything to get it."

Okay, how did I ended up getting into this situation again?

Oh, right... After five days and four nights of desperately trying to get out of here by any means possible, I came to realise that I had no other choice but to confess my sins to the devil. Or rather just sin and it's consequently resulting lies...

With that being the last and only ray of hope of getting out of here, gave me courage to admit my crime.

I remember he was standing by the shelf, doing good knows what after playing a rather disturbing video on television when I had asked him out of blue, "once you get the file, you will let me go, right?"

Or rather after watching the video depicting the condition of my apartment after they had gone thoroughly over it , in search of the file.

My mind was going insane, the more time I spent around him. And that bastard was clever enough to remove anything that could help me out of here. Anyway, I could no longer feel the tips of my fingers due to restricted blood circulation because of the ziptie.

Despire had already started to engulf me into it's darkness, when I had finally made my mind, 'to hell with this stupid revenge!'

Getting out of here had become my priority then...

"Isn't that what I told you from the beginning?" He questioned me upon hearing my question.

"It's- it's under..." I gulped hearing the words coming out of my mouth. Was I really doing this?

Me? Natasha Shennoy, who had never failed at any plan I made, was I really giving in?

"The file's under the..." I hesitated wondering if this could backfire me? For some reason, my sixth sense was tingling. Like it was warning me not to continue. Like an impending doom was awaiting me...

"The file is under?" Vikrant questioned raising his eyebrow.

I tried swallowing my sixth sense before putting the entire thing out in one go, "the file is under the car woofer box of my old car."

There, done and dusted.

"And your old car is?"

"In the parking lot in my apartment."

He had made a call to his men and headed out of the room while I watched the video of a massacre of my belongings in my apartment.

And that was the biggest mistake I had ever made in my entire life.

Because, right now, the devil was once again standing before me showing me the video of me confessing to my crime which had been shot without me consent!

One may wonder about why this was being showed?

Well, the answer would be another video which was 'Live' with 'L' in capital. A video showing the journey to retrieve the oh-so-important-damned-grey-file!

And the most shocking part being that file missing from the spot I had hidden it...

Hence, the jerk was blackmailing me with my confession video...