49. Unchaas part I

Neel walked around the crowded square like he was walking in a park. His tan brown jacket and white Merico shirt underneath it paired with dark pants looked casual yet warranted attention in the Sicily heat where everyone was wearing beach clothes.

Even while blending in, he stood out.

He moved in and out of the stalls and the street performers that had attracted a lot of crowds and made it difficult to move around them.

He looked around himself casually, letting his smart goggles that looked more like sunglasses take another look around his surroundings and identify the faces that had been around his five hundred meters for the last ten minutes from the time he had taken the first scan with the smart goggles by his punctured vehicle.

The goggles highlighted the faces of two people with green boxes around them, indicating that they had been present in the previous scan.

Neel took a few pics of their faces and sent them to be uploaded over the cloud whenever the network was back in range, about which he had his doubts.

The two men who were tailing after Neel glanced his way to find him looking their way. So, the men immediately looked away to not look suspicious. A small group of tourists passed by Neel, blocking their vision of him, and the next thing they see was that he had disappeared from the spot he had been standing.

Anxiety took over their features as they dropped their act of being a tourist and frantically looked around to find him. One of them even radioed someone over his earpiece, "Alpha one, Alpha one, this is Echo three. The target is missing, I repeat the target is missing."

They both headed to the last spot they had seen him in search of any clue about his whereabouts that they could find.

They had been watching and waiting for the man for so long, yet they ended up missing somewhere. And they needed to get back on track if they didn't want to face the consequence.

The two men nodded at each other and headed in opposite directions to spot the man they had been tailing. They searched high and low, in all the shops and spots where someone could hide or be missed from sight.

After half an hour of searching, two more men joined the search party who kept on listening to the order that was given to them from the earpiece they were wearing.

They narrowed a particular part of the commercial that was crowded with people and even pushed and pulled through the crowd until one of them came out with a piece of the broken bracelet and looked around. His other companions also came out of the crowd and looked at his discovery breathlessly.

The crowd had sucked a lot of their energy and the result was the broken tracker that they had been using as their guide.

The four of them moved towards a secluded alley for the urgent revision of the plan. They were not even sure anymore if their target was still in the area or had fled out of their reach already and the public area in the middle of a tourist season was never the best spot for discussing the details of a mission that was not usually considered as legal action by any country.

Nearly an hour of their time had already been wasted in the pursuit and hide-and-seek alone and they could not afford any more of the delay than what had already been.

"He must have gone already, we might even need to initiate plan B now if we don't want to fail this mission," One of the four men said hurriedly as they entered the deserted alley only to come to a complete standstill when another voice replied, "And pray tell me about this plan B of yours?"

The men looked up to find Neel sitting casually on a set of stairs before them while playing with his goggles like a model for a shoot.

All the four of them did not know how to react.

The man whose whereabouts had been unknown just a few seconds ago was now sitting right before them like he had been waiting for them to join him.

Putting his glasses back inside, he stood up exhaling loudly as he walked towards them who unintentionally took a step back.

The side of Neel's lips lifted on one side in a taunting smile, "Looking at you guys behave like this makes you look like men with bad intentions."

Neel sauntered close enough to one of the two guys who had been tailing right from the start and fixed the collar as he whispered right in from of their faces, "Well, stalking does count as a punishable offense in many European countries."

The cold sweat ran down the foreheads of the four men standing before their target. None of their targets had ever dared to look them in the eye, let alone stand before them so fearlessly and taunt them. They had to admit, that there was something about Neel Raivardhan that made them feel goosebumps all over their skins.

It was like they weren't the predator anymore. Because they had become the prey.

The one on the extreme left clenched his hand into a fist and threw a punch in Neel's way.

Neel reflexively blocked the punch and pushed the arm away which gave others enough initiative to start fighting.

Neel grabbed the wrist of the person who threw the next punch and used the force that was coming his way to divert it to the person beside him, before delivering a swift blow to his throat causing him to start coughing vigorously.

Grabbing the leg that tried to deliver a kick, Neel pulled it in front while punching his shoulder blade, leading the man to fall on the ground to hit his head.

The remaining two looked at each other for a telepathic communication that seemed to have gone wrong because one of the men ran forward while the second one turned around and ran away. This made the braver man doubt his choices as he came to an abrupt halt. He was still trying to choose whether to continue or to follow after his companion But it was already too late. 

Neel was already standing before the man who could now only fight. Neel did a combination of a flying kick and a judo throw to send the standing man hurling toward the ground and out of consciousness on the spot while others were whining in pain.

Neel turned around to walk towards one of the lesser injured men who immediately tried to crawl away futilely.

The man was shit scared of his life, no doubt, as Neel crouched over him asking, "Who send you here? Who send you after me?"

Neel had only asked the question when something heavy hit him from behind on the head and he fell while giving a last glance at the guy who had managed to run away, and was now standing with a metal rod in his hand.

That was the last thing that Neel had managed to see before his sight went dark.

Little did he know, that the men picked him up and put him into the back of a minivan which had been waiting for quite a long time. Nor was he awake when they cuffed his hands behind his back before letting his unconscious body be in that very back of the van as they drove away from the eyes of the public, to settle an unsettled score that had changed lives.

____________________________

Hey lovelies!

Kinda like occupied at the moment so will reply to your lovely comments later in the night 💞

Anyway let me know what do you think about this chapter?

Don't forget to share-vote-comment!

Love you all ❤️
- Vic ❤️