34. Chauntees

Hey lovelies!

The chapter might be pretty confusing with all the things happening at once, I tried my best to make it as clear as possible, just wanted to give you guys a heads up, let me know what you think of the chapter and your favourite part!

__________________________________

"What the hell asshole? You burned all my clothes!?!" I was utterly stupified and pissed. I so wanted to throw him into that same fire after my clothes...

"Oh, so kind of you to notice," and his smartass replies surely weren't helping. Because I was way too sure now that I was ending up to be a widow on my very own reception! Tonight!

*********

I followed the childish demands of my id, completely ignoring my superego and did the very first thing that came to mind, that is marching up to his closest, pulling out whatever I got my hands on and watched him watching me with narrowed eyes as I threw his stuff into the same fire that burned my clothes. His jaw clenched but he did not utter a word, just glared at me over the dancing flames with God knows what was running in that devilish mind of his.

"Now how does that feel?" I questioned raising an eyebrow.

He just shrugged like it was no big deal making me want to scream in frustration while pulling my hair. All the organisational behaviour I had studied came back haunting me and taunting me, when you can't even keep yourself in check Natasha, what organisation will you run?

As Albert Einstein said -- We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.

I tried to compose myself and took a deep breath that smelt of expensive leather and fabric before looking back at him.

For the first time, I spotted a small protrusion of his lower lip reminding me of a child with a pout upon not fulfilling his request.

The multiple possibilities cross my mind and the most likely one that had assessed his behaviour for the few days now made my eyebrows shoot up in visible surprise.

"Don't tell me you are jealous," I voiced out the thoughts that seemed to be the most apt option as I waited for his denial that was on the way. The mere idea made a shock go down my spine.

And when the words did come out of his mouth, I made me want to confirm because his voice was deep and more of a whisper that was mixed with the crackle of the fire, "What if I am?"

Did I hear it right? Or were my ears playing tricks on me? Did he act like a barbarian just because he was jealous?

All I could do was stare at him while he stared at me, for how long, I had no idea. I was trying to digest the fact about what he had admitted. Vikrant Raivardhan was jealous? Of some random strangers that admired me from afar? Seriously, was he really Vikrant?

Thinking back to the unwarranted kiss he had given before Tanay, or how he covered my bare belly with his coat and him demanding me to change my clothes. It was crystal clear, he was jealous! Just the idea of him being jealous made butterflies soar in my stomach and leaving me utterly speechless. What was happening to you Natasha? What is he doing to you?

But if I admitted honestly, never had I ever felt any of these feelings so intensely before him. He made me feel things I had no idea that I was capable of feeling. Even now as I watched him through the fire, something inside of me was burning up, not the burning I got when I was angry but the burning inside of method time was something craving and wild and gave me crazy ideas.

Like to break the trance of the moment we had been caught into, he walked around the fire to head towards the room. That sulking face of his didn't go away from my eyes and before I knew it, my hands wrapped around his torso from behind feeling those defined abs underneath my fingertips through the soft fabric making him freeze in the process. His muscular smell hit me at once, making me want to inhale more.