THIRTY-SEVEN

Something heavy is draped across my waist, holding me down. In an effort to escape, I struggle to slide out from whatever is keeping me in place, making me unable to move. A fear of being stuck somewhere unknown clouds my brain as my eyes flash open.

Slowly, the blurry image of a ceiling comes into view. My vision clears and I turn around to be met by Liam's peaceful face. He is still asleep and it's his arm wrapped around me that refuses to let me move.

I manage to turn over to my side, coming face to face with him, and let myself admire his beautiful features. Unable to control myself, I lightly trace a finger across his face, starting from his forehead and then trailing it over his nose. I don't have any regrets when his eyelids lift up, slowly revealing his bright, grey orbs.

"Hey, you," I softly say, cupping his face in my hand. He gives me the warmest smile that makes my insides flutter. Wrapping his hand around my wrist, he pulls my hand from his cheek and brings my palm to his lips.

After kissing it softly, he returns my hand back to his cheek but doesn't let go of my wrist. His thumb gently draws circles on the back of my hand.

"Move in with me," he finally speaks, staring deep into my eyes.

I chuckle at his request. "In case you're haven't noticed, I've been living with you for almost a month now."

"That's not what I meant," he frowns.

I rub my thumb across the lines furrowed into his forehead, clearing them away. He lets out a satisfied sigh.

"Move into my room. I want to wake up to this every day," he clarifies, caressing my cheek with the back of his fingers.

I wouldn't mind waking up to this either. Honestly, who would?

"Besides, you said it yourself this room was too big for just me," he adds with a smirk.

"On one condition," I concur. I don't think he knows that I don't really need a lot of convincing.

"Anything," he replies, his face lighting up.

"You have to bring all my stuff here."

"Consider it done," he says, full of enthusiasm.

He pulls me towards him and pecks my cheekbone.

"Alright, then I'm gonna go put your jacuzzi to good use and you can get to work," I wiggle my way out from under the sheets and this time, his strong arm doesn't stop me.

"Wait, no," he calls out, making me stop midway.

"What," I ask, sitting at the edge of the bed and turning my head around to look at him.

"Amy has been digging into me since yesterday to get you to meet her so she can finalise the details of your Luna ceremony. She'll eat me alive if I don't get you there soon," he finishes with an eye roll.

"Ugh, fine," I groan. "A quick shower, it is."

I can feel Liam's gaze boring holes in me as I rush to the bathroom, naked. Once inside, I finally get a look at myself in the mirror. I gasp in horror as I discover the hickeys all over my body.

Besides his mark, which is a bruised purple colour right now, there are two hickeys on one side of my neck and another one gracing the other side. There are a couple of smaller bruises around my breasts and an outline of his fingers around my waist.

I trace my hand over his mark and a jolt of pleasure passes through me as memories of last night begin to resurface in my mind. I push them away and make my way to the huge shower cabin.