TWENTY-NINE

Things have been going well with Liam. Granted, it's only been a few days but we have been spending a lot of time together, both in human and wolf form. Jade really enjoys going on runs and playing around with River. She says that being close to River will strengthen the bond not just between the two of them, but also between Liam and I. I'm not sure if she is actually telling the truth or just making up excuses to convince me to let her spend time with her mate.

Meanwhile, I have forced Liam to watch chick-flicks with me, multiple times, while he has been trying to get me to watch horror films. I say trying, because so far he hasn't succeeded. My whining and puppy-dog eyes have been convincing enough for him to settle on action movies or thrillers instead.

He has been respecting my decision to take things slow, so things haven't proceeded any further than making out, although, that seems to be happening a lot.

Liam has decided to hold my Luna ceremony after Christmas. Even though werewolves don't celebrate Christmas, Liam's pack uses the occasion to throw a huge party, nonetheless. It's basically just an excuse to bring everyone together and get wasted.

Normally, I would visit my Mom for Christmas, but she has decided to celebrate it in Europe with George. I am happy that she is finally letting loose and allowing herself to enjoy life. I still haven't told her about Liam but I know that I need to have that conversation with her very soon. I am just scared that I will open up past wounds by bringing up mates and packs. But the fact that I have decided to stay here changes everything. I can't hide my entire life from her. Christmas is in ten days so I still have some time before my entire life changes.

I start working at the pack hospital today and reach there just before nine, running into Lucas on the way. We both head to Dr. Olivia Williams' office and are greeted by a middle-aged man with dark hair and brown eyes. He says hello to Lucas and shakes his hand before turning his attention to me.

"I'm Dr. Dave Martinez. It's nice to finally meet you, Luna," he says as he extends his hand towards me.

"Oh no. I'm here to learn from you. Please call me, April," I chuckle and shake his hand.

"Dave," he says with a smile.

Olivia also walks into her office at that moment and chimes in. "Ah, I see you have already met." She saunters over to Dave and pecks his lips. He smiles at her and lightly places his hand on her back as she turns to face me and Lucas.

"So Lucas, you will be coming with me, and April will go with Liv," Dave says getting right to the point. Lucas nods and they both leave the room.

"So you and Dave," I give Olivia a questioning look.

"We're mates," she informs and I can feel a sense of pride in her voice.

"Must be nice, working together," I add.

"It is," she smiles. "Come on, let's go then." She walks out the door, motioning for me to follow her.

"We don't get a lot of patients since werewolves have a fast healing process," she explains as we walk through a brightly lit hallway. "We mostly deal with wounds that are too deep and will take too long to heal on their own, or broken bones. You have to be very quick when dealing with a broken bone or it might heal incorrectly." I nod as I try to make a mental note of everything she tells me. "And of course, kids," she adds. "Since their wolves haven't emerged yet, they heal a bit slower so we have to treat them as such," she finishes just as we walk into a small room with a man and a woman inside.

The woman is sitting on the gurney placed in the centre of the room with her feet dangling in the air. An ultrasounds machine is placed on the left side of the small bed. The man is standing next to her with his hand placed on her shoulder. The both immediately look up at us as we enter.