TEN

It's Graduation Day!!!

Mom and George arrived last night and went straight to their hotel. They will be meeting me at the ceremony.

I text the girls in our group chat:

Me: Omg, I'm so excited. Can't believe we're finally graduating!!

Mel: Ikr? It seems just yesterday I met you lonely birds and took you under my wing. :')

Anna: I will kick you out of the group right now.

Riley: I told you guys, I should've been the admin..

Me: Gosh, Riley. 4 years, and you're still whining about being the admin.

Mel: I'm sad it's all over :(

Anna: We'll be sad tomorrow. Today we celebrate :D

Mel: Haha yess, see you guys soon.

I'm wearing a white, flowy dress with nude heels. I've straightened my hair and it reaches my waist. I put on some flat shoes for now as I'm going to be driving myself. I have a car but rarely use it since I enjoy walking to college in the morning. I suppose, it will be of more use now that I'm done with that. I don't really know much about cars. George bought this for me for my 22nd birthday. It's silver and some kind of a Ford. I hop in and get to campus. The ceremony is taking place outdoors, in the college grounds.

I park my car and change my shoes. Then I wear my graduation gown and cap and head over to find my family and friends.

As I'm walking through the parking lot, I look towards the cafe on the opposite side of campus and notice Daxton Price there with a couple of his goons. I hope he's not here to cause any trouble today. I walk towards the grounds. There's a stage on one end and hundreds of chairs in front of it. The weather is beautiful. It's a little chilly but it's sunny outside so it's perfect. I look for my mom. She's standing with George next to her seat and waving me over. I walk towards her.

"Oh April, you look so beautiful. I'm so proud of you," she says with tears in her eyes, her voice breaking.

"Mom! Don't cry," I roll my eyes and hug her tightly.

"We're finally going to have a doctor in our family. I will never need to go to the hospital again," George says from the side.

I laugh, stepping back from my mom. "That's not true George, you should still go to the hospital," I reply.

"Seriously though April, we're both very happy for you," he says with a genuine smile.

"Thanks George," I mumble as I hug him.

The ceremony starts soon and I find my seats with my friends. After, it's all over, we all go around meeting people and take lots of photos. I'm getting a picture taken with my mom and George, when I notice Liam from the corner of my eye. He's standing there with Lucas and chatting casually. Not letting him ruin my day, I carry on having fun with the people who actually care about me.

Once we're done with everything, Mom, George, and I go for lunch to a nearby restaurant. They're both leaving after lunch since they have work to get back to.

After lunch, I say my goodbyes to Mom and George and start walking towards my car.

"Hey," I hear someone calling behind me as I reach the parking lot. Before I get, the chance to turn around, I can smell his intoxicating scent. Ugh, why does he have to smell so good?

"HEY," Liam yells louder this time, forcing my to stop and turn around.

"What do you want?" I ask slightly annoyed.

He looks good in his suit. His hair is a little ruffled and that makes him look even hotter. I can feel Jade get excited as he walks closer. I quickly push her to the back of my mind before she confuses my feelings for this douchebag.

"Congratulations," he says with a slight smile as he pushes his hand through his hair.

Well that was unexpected.

"Uh, thanks, I guess," I reply.

We stay quiet for a few seconds until he speaks.

"Look, I gave you time to finish school and now that you're done, you need to come with me so I can introduce you to my pack," he says sternly.

Ah there's the ass we've all come to know.

"Excuse me?" I ask, the shock clear in my voice. "Why would I wanna go with you?" I raise my eyebrow at him for assuming something so stupid.

"Because you're my mate," he says like it's really common for men to order their mates around.

"So?"

"So you do as I say."

"So just because I'm your mate, I have to do everything you say?" I ask glaring at him. "Even if I want to or not?"

"Yes," he says.

The fact that he's spewing all this bullshit at me so calmly pisses me off even more. Who does he think he is?

"No, thank you," I reply flatly.

"What do you mean 'no, thank you'," he asks a bit taken aback. He clearly has never been told no.

"I mean, thanks for the kind offer but I'll have to decline," I say sarcastically.

"You can't do that," he says. I can sense anger in his voice.

"Watch me," I say and turn around to walk away. I hear a growl behind me. To be honest, I am a little scared but I'm not going to let him see that.

"I am your mate and an Alpha, you will obey me whether you like it or not," he roars from behind me.

Whenever  an Alpha orders someone to do something, the werewolf finds it physically impossible to disobey them. I know this because that was the very reason my father wasn't allowed to be with my mom. He was given an order and couldn't do anything but obey. Unfortunately for my mate, his Alpha vibes don't seem to be working on me and boy, am I going to take advantage of that.

"That's where you're wrong, honey," I turn around and say, venom lacing my voice. "I don't do that Alpha shit."

I get in my car and drive away while he stands there in shock.