THREE

The class was two hours long and I come out of it starving. There are no classes for the next hour so we head to the college cafeteria to grab a bite. Mel and I both get club sandwiches and some juice, proceeding to sit down with Riley and Anna.

"Anna, why were you late this morning?" I ask her as I take a bite of my sandwich while she munches some cheese fries.

"Don't even ask," she replies while continuing to fill her mouth with more fries. Riley chuckles and I can tell she already knows what happened. My curiosity is piqued.

"What happened?" I ask again, pushing her to spill the tea.

"I got in an accident," she sighs.

"Oh, my God. Are you okay?" I ask, concerned.

"I'm fine. Don't know about the wolf I almost killed," she replies casually.

"I'm sorry, what?" I almost yell, a little too loud. A couple of people on the table next to us give us a look but then turn around to get back to their lunch. "What do you mean 'the wolf I almost killed'?" I whisper-shout. 

"I mean I was driving and it came out of nowhere. Right in the middle of the road. Honestly, it was too big to be a wolf but I don't know what else it could have been. Anyway, I swerved and braked so hard I thought I was going to die," she shudders. "But, when I looked back to check on it, it had disappeared."

If Anna is sure about what she saw, she might have hit a werewolf. They are a lot bigger than normal wolves. Luckily, she doesn't know that. So, I brush it off.

"Is the car okay?"

"Oh man, the front is trashed. I'm so scared of telling my dad."

"Don't worry, it's gonna be fine. It's not like it was your fault." I try consoling her.

Anna usually stays at the dorms but sometimes goes to visit her parents since they live close by. She borrows the family car to come to college and her brother usually comes over to take it back. Since she has now destroyed it, she is obviously going to be in trouble.

I finish my sandwich and excuse myself to go return a book to the library. Jade is being very fidgety and that's very unlike her. I wonder what is up with her today. I thought she just needed to go for a run but apparently that wasn't the case. And now I just hope that everything is okay with her.

Her fidgeting is making me anxious so I take out my phone to distract myself and decide to check my email. I'm so engrossed in it that I accidentally bump into someone and fall on my butt.

"Ouch!" I yell out as I meet the floor.

Looking up, I see a really tall guy wearing a black suit. I've never seen him here before so I don't know who he is. He turns around and looks down at me as I fall.

His dark hair is pushed back with a few strands, that reach down to his high cheekbones, hanging in front of his face. He has a chiseled jawline and his muscles are practically popping out of his shirt. I hear him mumble a "what the fuck" as he turns around to look at me.

Damn it! I was so busy looking at a pointless email which is most likely spam, I didn't even see this huge block of muscle blocking the way. I quickly grab my bag and the book I'm supposed to return, both of which fell on the floor with me, and stand up to look at this handsome stranger.

Wow, he sure is good looking. I can even feel Jade agree with me which is weird since Jade is usually too cool to bother with what's going on with my life.

While I'm busy admiring this hunk, I notice his eyes twinkle for a second and then immediately get cold. He is not happy that I bumped into him even though I think making me fall on my butt in a hallway with a bunch of people is revenge enough. I better apologise because from the looks of it, this dude is about to start yelling at me any second.