SIXTEEN

The front door swings open and we hear some footsteps coming in. A few seconds later, Liam walks in with a girl. She is short, about 5'2" and has chocolate brown hair and dark brown eyes. Her caramel skin looks flawless and she has sharp, beautiful features. I feel a pang of jealousy when I see her with Liam. I feel Jade get upset too but I control myself and try to push the feeling away. Jealousy is an ugly emotion, April. Ugly emotion.

The girl looks at me excitedly and almost runs over and hugs me.

"Oh my Moon Goddess, she's finally here," she exclaims as she breaks the hug and looks at me closely. "She's gorgeous, Liam. You really lucked out with this one," she says turning her head towards Liam while still holding me with her hands on my shoulders.

"Alright kids, it's time for me to head out now," Robert says smiling.

"Son," he says while walking towards Liam, "We will have your Alpha ceremony in two days, at the full moon."

Liam nods and Robert leaves.

"Bye, Uncle Robert," the girl yells as he walks out.

Upon sensing my confusion, Liam speaks up from behind the girl.

"April, this is my cousin, Amy."

"Hi!" She exclaims as she finally lets me go and moves to the side.

I look at Liam who has changed his clothes and is now wearing black jeans with a black T-shirt. He looks good. I can feel Jade purr in agreement.

Amy clears her throat and I realise I was staring at him. I feel blood rushing to my cheeks as I quickly look away.

"Uh hey, I'm April," I say, turning towards her and smiling.

"Amy, why don't you show April to her room and I'll send someone in there with her stuff," Liam interrupts.

Amy gives Liam a weird look and they stare at each other for a while with their strange expressions changing every now and then I realise, they are talking over mind-link. Soon, they break away and Amy turns around to face me.

"Come on, let me take you to your room so you can freshen up." Her excitement is back and she grabs my arm, dragging me away.

We go up the stairs and turn right to enter a small hallway with doors on both sides. She leads me through a door on the left into a huge bedroom. There is a large window on the front wall and a couple of chairs in front of it. A bed is placed next to the right wall and in front of it hangs a huge, flatscreen TV. To the left of the TV, there is a closet leading into a beautiful, white bathroom.

"Wow, this is great," I say as I walk towards the window to look at the view. Rich, green trees stretch as far as the eye can see.

I turn around to see Amy looking at me and grinning. A man comes in with my luggage.

"Where do you want this, Luna?" He asks.

"Just put it over there," I say while pointing towards the closet, inwardly rolling my eyes at the title he just called me. There's a low chance of that happening. Besides, I'm only here to get away from Daxton.

The man places my stuff and bows his neck towards me as he walks away. Well, this is going to be weird.

"Alright, why don't you relax for a bit and then come down in about an hour so we can all have dinner," Amy says.

"Okay, thanks," I reply, giving her a smile. I'm really tired and a little rest will be good.

Amy walks out while I jump on the bed. I remove my shoes and dose off almost instantly.

I wake up feeling like I slept for hours and look at the time on my phone. It's only been 40 minutes since I fell asleep. Damn, that was a good nap. I get up and take a quick shower. I wear grey sweatpants and a short-sleeved black T-shirt. My hair is still wet but I don't have any time to dry it. I slide some slippers on and manage to get downstairs just in time for dinner.

"In here," I hear Amy yell.

I follow her voice and find myself inside the kitchen. There's a big island counter in the centre and Amy is sitting on one of the high chairs placed beside it. Liam is standing on the other side of the counter with another guy. He is facing away from us while the other guy is standing there smiling at me.

"April, this is Jason; Liam's best friend and my mate," Amy introduces him as they both look at each other adoringly.

"Hey, April," Jason says looking at me and waving slightly. Jason looks about six feet tall. He has brown hair and green eyes.

"Hi," I reply and smile at him. "If I had known there were more people coming, I would've dressed better," I say with a laugh.

Liam turns around to look at me but then turns back a few seconds later.

"It's just us, April. Besides, you look fine," Amy chuckles.

I laugh and go sit next to her. "So what's for dinner? I'm starving," I remark.

"Well, the boys are cooking tonight," she informs while pointing towards Liam and Jason, who has also turned away from us now and is helping Liam.

"We're making steak fajitas and it's almost done," Jason says without turning around.

Soon, I have a plate of delicious food sitting in front of me and we all dig in. Liam is sitting opposite me while Jason sits in front of Amy. They are both talking about random things and I can barely understand their conversation. Liam doesn't say anything. I sometimes catch him looking at me but he immediately looks away.

Once dinner is over, the guys head outside while I help Amy clean up. She talks a lot. From our conversation, I have learned that her mother is Robert's sister and is married to the Blue Moon Alpha. Jason is the Beta's son and will take over once Liam becomes the Alpha. Both Jason and Amy live in the pack house but plan on moving out once Jason is appointed as Beta. Apparently, the tradition of finding your mate before taking over an important position only applies to the Alpha, not that Jason would have a problem with that since he has already found his.

After we're done cleaning, we go outside and spot Liam and Jason talking in the backyard. Jason comes over as soon as he sees us walking out, while Liam follows closely behind.

"Alright, we should get going now," Jason says while grabbing Amy by the waist from behind her and placing his chin over her shoulder. They're so cute, I can't help but smile when I look at them.

"I'll come over tomorrow morning and show you around," Amy offers.

"That'd be so great. Thanks," I exclaim and soon they're both gone.

I walk back inside the house, Liam close behind me. He doesn't say anything so I decide to go back to my room. I hear him turn on the TV as he sits down in the living room. As I'm climbing up the stairs, I hear him quietly say, "Goodnight."

"Night," I mumble as I quickly run back to my room.

After I'm done unpacking, I brush my teeth and get into bed. I call my mom to check if they have reached back home. We talk for a little while and I don't tell her anything about the stuff that has been going on. Soon I fall asleep to the sound of the TV.