THIRTY-SIX

"April, wake up," Liam's voice jolts me awake.

I quickly sit up, raising my head from where it was resting on Liam's arm and try to gather my bearings. Looking around, I notice we are still in the car but it seems to be parked on a small road. The woods around us look familiar and I realise we are back home. The sun has almost set and it's starting to get dark outside.

"Remind me not to take you out on a drive again since you always end up falling asleep," Liam chuckles as he playfully rolls his eyes.

"Sorry, I've just had this habit ever since I was a baby," I shrug.

He quickly walks out of the car and over to my side, opening the door for me. I step outside and continue speaking, "My mother says every time I was being annoying, she would just take me for a drive and I'd fall asleep in five minutes."

"I'll keep that in mind for the next time you're being annoying," he smirks earning a punch in his stomach.

"Where are we going," I ask as he begins to walk and I follow.

Instead of answering me, he stops a few steps ahead of me while facing the woods. A slight jog helps me catch up to him and I follow his gaze.

In front of us is a small opening in the woods marked by an archway made by the trees. Small warm lights hang at the top and beautiful, tiny lanterns are lined up on each side of the narrow path.

"Wow," I whisper, unable to take my eyes off the captivating sight. "Did you do this?" I inquire, still not looking at Liam.

"I had some help," he responds casually. "Shall we," he asks draping an arm around my shoulders and gesturing towards the pathway with his free hand.

I nod as I snake my arm under his jacket and wrap it around his back. Feeling the warmth of his body, I melt into him as we make our way through the archway.

A small gazebo welcomes us as we exit the woods into a clearing. Through its glass walls, I can see a small dinner table set inside.

Liam leads me inside and the small space is glowing with candles. He pulls out a chair for me and I settle in. He sits down in front of me and instantly, the door opens.

"Good evening, Alpha. Luna," A chef greets as he walks in with two plates in his hands and sets them down in front of us. One look at the penne pasta covered in red sauce and my mouth begins salivating. My stomach growls, as if on cue.

"This looks amazing. Thank you," I smile at the chef who fills our glasses with wine from a bottle previously placed on the table.

"Enjoy," he beams and then bows his head before leaving us alone.

I dive in without another word. I haven't eaten anything except for an ice-cream since breakfast and I am starved.

The first half of our meal is spent with me interrogating Liam about how and when he managed to pull all of this off.

Apparently, when he left this morning to 'deal with a few things,' this is what he meant. The rest of the meal, I spend asking him random annoying questions.

"Alright, what's your favourite colour," I ask after swallowing the delicious pasta and taking another bite.

"Green," he informs.

"Why?"

He raises an eyebrow, as if wondering what kind of a stupid question that is, but answers anyway.

"It reminds me of the forest. It's calm and soothing." He shrugs then adds, "What's yours?"

"Blue."

"Why?" He asks, smirking.