ELEVEN

As I exit the parking lot, I pass the cafe and notice Daxton getting into a car. Well, at least, he didn't stir any trouble today which is rare for him.

Instead of going back to my apartment, I decide to drive around a little bit. Driving while having my own personal concert as I sing along to music is one of my favourite things to do and it always helps calm me down.

I drive towards the old road around town. It's almost always empty since everyone just uses the new highway. It passes through the forest. There are no other cars around me. I slow down and admire my surroundings.

The road is just wide enough, barely allowing two cars to drive through. The sky is a clear blue today, allowing the sunshine to beautifully illuminate the lush, green trees of the forest. It's so captivating, I find it hard to look away, barely glancing at the road every few seconds.

I'm so enraptured by the beauty of the nature around me, I hardly notice when a car appears out of nowhere in front of me. I push down hard on the brake, trying to stop myself from hitting it. It's a huge black jeep that stops sideways in the middle of the road. I stop inches away from it, barely avoiding what could have been a lethal accident.

I climb out to see what happened and why someone is driving so recklessly. I go towards the driver's side of the huge car, and see Daxton Price casually leaning against it.

"What is going on?" I mutter, looking around to see what could be the possible reason for him to drive like a maniac; an animal he was trying to avoid hitting perhaps.

He's grins and walks towards me. "You," he says, as he grabs me by my arm tightly, "You're coming with me."

"What? Let go of me you idiot," I yell, trying to free myself from his constraint.

"Shut up and get in the car," he says in annoyance as he takes me towards the passenger side of his car.

"What do you want from me? Let me go!" I scream, as fear creeps up inside me. I can't overpower him and I don't have anything to use to defend myself.

He doesn't falter and opens the car door, trying to push me inside. I fight against the force he's applying, trying my hardest not to get in the seat. When that doesn't work, he picks me up to throw me in. I shake my legs back and forth in the air and dig my nails into his arms that have now gripped me by the waist, screaming, tears streaming down my face, trying somehow to free myself from his grasp. He doesn't even flinch, all my efforts going in vain.

He has almost succeeded in getting me into the seat when all of a sudden, I hear a loud growl. Daxton's grip loosens around me and I fall to the ground. I turn around to see a huge, black wolf attacking Daxton, who is now on the ground with a giant claw mark on his back, three very deep cuts running diagonally from his left shoulder to the right side of his lower back. The wolf looks towards me for a second and Daxton uses this time to shift into a big brown wolf.

The black wolf is still much bigger than Daxton's wolf. It lunges forward, aiming for Daxton's throat but he manages to move out of the way in one swift motion. The black wolf lands in front of me and quickly turns around to face Daxton. It growls loudly and attacks once again, this time managing to rip a chunk out of Daxton's shoulder. Daxton tries to kick it away and manages to claw at one of its hind legs. The black wolf frees its leg from him and manages to step away, ready to attack once again. Daxton uses this opportunity to run off into the forest behind him.

As Daxton disappears into the woods, the black wolf begins to shift back. A couple of seconds later, a very naked Liam is standing in front of me.