Chapter 27

• A N A S T A S I A C R O S S •

Save him

Did he hear me?

Is Kai okay?

Thoughts of 'could haves' filled my mind as rapidly as my legs could carry me.

I didn't know where I was going, but I knew that if I continued at this pace, I would be going into the main city.

No one else deserves to see the horrors hidden in this world.

I need to go someplace else.

Dark alleys came into view, taking over my legs as I continued to run.

The burning stings across my chest began to grow with fiery pain. As I clutched my chest with the thought of some sort of relief, the wet blood felt warm and moist against my cold fingertips.

Pricks of tears began to spot my vision. The tears becoming furiously relentless as they began to bombard through the cracks of my eyes, breaking the barrier that unleashed my hidden emotions.

My knees becoming weak, I collapsed to the ground. Faulty breaths stinging through my throat as my hand continued to clutch my chest.

Turning around, I laid flat on back, feeling the sinister present of the NewBorn as he towered over me.

Crouching down, an evil smirk tipped the corner of his lips as silent tremors began to dissipate through my body.

"You're mine princess."

• H A R D I N R O M A N O •

Leaving Kai behind, I began to run after Anastasia.

Tcht. How stupid can I be to go after him than her.
Why the hell did I listen to her and her stupid plea to save that fucking bastard.

Please wait for me.

The pungent smell of her fragrance guided me; intertwined with her emotions, I could feel her pain branding in my heart.

Her cries, her tears, her pleas, her love, her emotions. Everything.

They began to weigh my heartstrings, tugging them further down as I felt her life slipping away.

Her breathing echoed in my ear, increasingly becoming shorter and weaker as seconds passed by.

Now with her scent becoming powerful, my eyes raked the scenery to see dripping blood dotting the pavement.

Following the trail was a body. Lifelessly, it laid on the cold floor with the familiarly looking person now beginning to hook their arms under it.

Anastasia. Is she..?

Fury coursed through my veins, steaming my bloodstream with a profound feeling of guilt as I watched her limp body helplessly.

There was no longer a raise and fall of her chest. And everything began to froze.

Did I fail?

What have I done.

The claws in my fingers creeped out, and in a single split second the vampire that dared to touch my princess dropped on the ground.

Breaking down into the black dusts that were his inevitable end, the guilt began to eat away at my soul.

My body giving up from under me, i dropped onto my knees and softly placed Anastasia's head onto my lap.