Chapter 20

BOTH POVS IN ONE CHAPTER???? YES PLEASEEEEEE

A N A S T A S I A C R O S S •

My eyes immediately raked over his bare tanned, skin.

From his thick neck, to his hardened chest, all the way down to his toned, stiffened abs

As though hand carved with delicacy, the outline of his muscles were chiseled to perfection, sticking out in all the right places as his chest began to heave; flexing and contacting the tight distinct lines whittled in his body.

His veiny arms followed along his side, where his manicured hands relaxed near his beautifully sculpted v-line, my gaze continued to travel down to be graced with...

"Ahem."

Fuck! I'm staring!

Dammit! Since when have I been so horny?

Heat raised to my cheeks as my eyes darted up to meet his laughing eyes. Amusement evidently shining in his maroon pools as they twinkled in delight.

"I- umm, err.."

I could feel the warmth emitting from my flustered face as I lower my gaze on to the floor, trying to conceal my nerves as Hardin's wandering eyes begin to brand into me.

"Anastasia."
His husky voice coated his gentle tone as my name hissed through his teeth mellowly.

"Y-yes?" I squealed.

Oh my God. This cannot be happening.

Shocked by my own high-pitched voice, my fingers grazed over my lips.
Shaking my head, I took a deep breath to recompose myself before dropping my hand to my side.

"I'm sorry, I don't know what got over me. I was just... having a moment." I cleared my throat, looking back up at him to see a pleased grin working it's way up to his face.

He begins to lift his arm, resting it lazily on the door frame, as his face leaned closer.

"Is that so..?" His voice drops a few octaves, growling alluringly as his peppermint scent begins to flow up my nose.