Chapter 9

Make sure you vote and comment. AND SHARE!!!

I could feel Hardin tensing under his touch, his large hand still on my shoulder

I could feel Hardin tensing under his touch, his large hand still on my shoulder. He looked as though he was calm and collected. A strong, unreadable facade as he looked down at the bowing vampires.

A blank slate etched on his face. Clear of any emotions. His nostrils flare as he takes a final deep breath, giving him a predatory appearance. He held his head up high standing straight and upright, taunting anyone to look him in the eye. But of course, no one dared to challenge his presence.

He moved his hand away from my shoulder, dragging it down to my waist.

He pulls me closer to him and moves his intense gaze to look at me.

"I'll see you soon, Red."

Keeping my eyes down at the sight below me, calming my nerves.

He's a vampire dammit, fucking toughen up.

I felt his warm breath kiss my ear as he softly spoke in a husky voice. He removed his warm presence and made his way to the top of the stairs.

His toned arms rested at his side, showing him to be at ease as the vampires lifted their head to greet the PureBlood.

He looked at me one last time before descending down the stairs. His eyes twinkled with the color of rich brown earth after a spring rain. Flecked with cinnamon and swirls of hazelnut hues.

He turned back around, a suave smirk peering from the corner of his face before he disappears down the stairs.

What the fuck Annie? Cat got your tongue all of a sudden!?

"There you are!" Jasmine's booming voice caught me by surprise as she comes from behind me. Kai and Ryder shortly following close behind her from the corridor.

She began to laugh at my shocked expression as my whole body jolted in surprise.

"Shout louder next time would ya. " I groaned, looking irately at Jas.
She looked smugly up at me.

"You still love me," she nudged me with your elbow, her gleeful lips curl into a massive grin, showcasing her naturally straight teeth; and I can't help but smile at her change in mood.

Grateful that she's now her normal cheery self and not the haggard, distressed girl she was last night.

"How are you not cold? You're just standing here with some yoga leggings and a t-shirt." Ryder asked, his sky-blue, cloudless eyes looking me up and down. "Were you training again?"