Chapter 19

STARTING A NEW STORY SOON!!!!
It's a mafia love story with a badass MC, who would read it ????

BTW THANK YOU FOR 4K!!! IM SO CLOSE TO 1K VOTES TOO!!!

REMEMBER VOTE, COMMENT AND SHARE

Voices filled my head; whispers and mutters vibrating through every nerves, tugging me awake

My eyelids felt heavy, weighing down and clasping my eyes shut.

Stuck in a daze, my body froze, having a mind of it's own; not obliging to the screams in my head to wake up.

I felt dizzy. I couldn't keep my mind steady, feeling the blood rushing to my head as I start to feel lightheaded.

"Annie.." A fainted voice called out, pulling me into reality. Using all the strength and energy left in my body, I strained my eyelids open.

Gradually opening, my eyes were welcomed with a ceiling fan.

Blinking away the dreariness and squinting at the sudden brightness as my brain begins to interpret what happened.

Was I not just in the tunnel?

Or was it all fake? No it can't be.

A memory?

A strong scent of vanilla made its way up my nose, the familiar smell of Father.

Able to now process everything, I realize that I'm on Father's couch. Sitting up, I held my head, rubbing the temples to ease the sudden throbbing pain that attacked my cranium.

Groaning, the voices become clearer as I feel skinny arms wrap around my neck, pushing me to lean against the armrest.

"Annie! You're awake! God, you scared me!"

Deciphering the voice, I mumbled lowly, "Jasmine?" Absorbing the sunlight spewing from the opened curtains, I narrowed my eyes at her.

Her hands on my shoulders and she pushes herself arms distance where I take a good look at her face.

Heavy dark bags circled her blunt eyes, staining her unblemished face. Her lashes were wet, clumped together as they framed her lifeless orbs that search frantically my own.

My hands instinctively cupped her cheeks, wiping the streaks of tears that now streamed her face.

"Why are you crying Jas?" I cooed, feeling the tugging on the strings of my heart as I watch her gently smile when leaning her warm cheeks against my hands.

A distant memory of a woman creeps into mine, morphing Jasmine's hazel eyes into icy blue.

Jolting my hands away from her face, Jasmine's face comes back to view as it contorts into confusion.